Transitional Housing Residential Aides
The Well Care Group Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
The Residential Aide is responsible for providing support and supervision to displaced individuals enrolled in a transitional housing program to provide a safe environment until individuals are prepared to return to community living. The position requires collaboration with other services, whether social or clinical, to improve the well being of the individuals enrolled in the program. The position includes access to information of a confidential nature. Strict adherence to agency procedures and protocols is required.
- Assists with daily supervision and living needs of all residents.
- Assist with daily breathalyzers and random drug tests.
- Perform housing intakes and discharges of old and new residents.
- Provides facility orientation to residents within 24 hours of intake.
- Collaborate with case managers to assist members with transportation and clinic appointments.
- Assist in the distribution of daily meals.
- Perform daily room checks to ensure rooms are kept clean and safe.
- Monitor and supervise residents while performing daily chores.
- Assist with medication management thru medication reminder program.
- Perform bag checks to prevent drugs, alcohol, and weapons are not brought onto property.
- Facilitates cooperative living, peer support, and resident participation in housing programming.
- Models and actively promotes positive, nurturing interactions between all residents.
- Communicates housing rules and guidelines to residents as outlined in the housing agreement. Promptly addresses difficulties or problems that arise per agency protocol; addresses any housing concerns with residents and maintains documentation of these encounters.
- Prepare incident reports immediately to inform Housing management and other collaborative partners of the Well Care Program any issues or concerns that occur in the housing program.
- Models non-violent conflict resolution and uses non-violent forms of guidance.
- Takes appropriate steps to deal with emergency situations with the goal of maintaining the safety of all residents.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Maintains client files, agency files, statistics, forms and other record keeping as required.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and code of ethics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient communication in verbal and written English.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- Computer proficient. Excel and Word programs.
- Professional disposition and appearance.
- 12 months experience in assisted living facilities or residential treatment centers.
- Experience in sober living environment and facilities.
- Experience with behavioral health patients.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Security experience is a plus also not required.
- 21 years old or older.
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME AND PART TIME
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /year
Job Posted by ApplicantPro