Our company is currently looking to hire a Caregiver at Palma Assisted Living for various shifts.
The Caregiver position is to provide care to residents under the supervision of a manager while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice. The caregiver regularly observes residents' physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the supervisor, nurse, or appropriate medical personnel.
- Attend to the needs of residents, which includes but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living (i.e. personal hygiene, grooming, feeding and ambulation, medical monitoring, and other health care related tasks) within the confines of state regulations.
- Maintain a safe environment to ensure resident safety.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner is essential to the performance of this position.
- Promote self-help and independence of residents by encouraging the maintenance or attainment of the highest physical, mental and psycho-social well-being.
- Remind, monitor, and assist with administrating medication to resident as required (with proper training) within the confines of state regulations.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report changes to the appropriate licensed nursing personnel, Supervisor, or appropriate medical personnel.
- Complete Caregiver records, document care provided or other information in accordance to department, facility, and state requirements.
- Take vital signs as assigned.
- Perform first aid and initiate emergency response procedures as required.
- Abide by and support community fire safety and infection control practices, while promptly reporting any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
- Greet residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answer phones when assigned.
- Serve meals in the dining room, assist resident at meal time, provide resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room clean up and maintenance.
- Assist with tours, move-ins and move-outs.
- Coordinate personal care services with co-workers.
- Assist with lifting and transfer of residents
- Respond to Nurse Call pages promptly.
- Ensure your compliance with Resident Rights at all times.
- Notify Supervisor in the event that equipment is needed to perform your job duties (e.g., radios, pagers, gait belt, lifting equipment) is malfunctioning or in need of service or repair.
- Attend and participate in required training, in-services, staff meetings and online training.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Executive Director.
- To the extent certification from a particular state or federal agency is required in order to perform job duties, you are responsible for ensuring that certification is in good standing and kept current.
- Tuberculosis test
- Physical Exam
- CPR/1st Aid Certification
- Caregiver Certification
- Elder Abuse Certification
- Fingerprints and Background (Requirement by the State)
- Medication Tech State Certification
- Must take and pass the necessary certifications required by the State to work in an assisted Living facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Well Care Group