Senior Business Development Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to be located out of our Phoenix, AZ office.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the business development team in building an adequate base of business by identifying, pursuing, and developing relationships with current and potential clients interested in a long-term business association where appreciation exists for the added value brought by our company. Additionally, this role is responsible for the development of sales leads, acquiring new business, new business proposals, presentations, owner contract negotiations, and market research. This job may be asked to participate in strategic planning, advertising and public relations. This role may have direct supervisory responsibilities of marketing support personnel. The Senior Business Development Manager reports to the most senior level Local or National Business Development employee.
What You'll Do:
- Vigorously pursue sales opportunities which will lead to successfully negotiated projects
- Initiate, expand and maintain strong networks and relationships with current and potential clients, designers, commercial real estate individuals and groups, civic groups, and related firms and individuals to generate new and continuing business leads
- Identify, develop, pursue and close sales opportunities necessary to achieve volume and gross profit goals. When requested, serve as the chief salesperson and public representative of Weitz in the market
- Solicit and assure high quality response to RFQ's and RFP's
- Assure professional and quality development of presentation materials and exhibits
- Review contract terms in line with company goals and standards and review with management team
- Utilize leads management system, project information database, and relative marketing and sales databases as required
- Monitor, encourage, and coach marketing and sales efforts of others
- Develop and facilitate a key account plan
- Compile, analyze, and provide a summary of business themes from the client satisfaction surveys
- As necessary, manage Sales Logix database
- Prepare periodic marketing plans, including organizational structure, marketing materials, market research, public relations, advertising strategy, project types, and other relative opportunities and goals
- Identify market segments with long term business opportunities and provide strategy approach to capture quality business
- Work with marketing staff in coordinate efforts with company standards
- Ensure that content and tone of proposals and presentations are consistent with company standards.
- Manage client functions such as open houses, event tickets, golf outings, and gift giving, etc. Study media technology to assure that the company is abreast of the current trends
- Create and release media and press releases as directed
What We're Looking For:
- Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, construction engineering, and/or business. A Masters Degree or MBA is helpful but not required. Academic exposure in public relations, advertising, communications, or journalism would also be helpful.
- Experience: Eight years of experience in the commercial construction or related industry is required. Preferably four years in business development and/or marketing with proven management experience. Experience in strategic direction and budgeting is helpful. Experience in public relations, advertising or communications is helpful.
- Skills: Proven history of direct sales, negotiations, networking, managing accounts, and an in-depth knowledge of construction practices (pricing, estimating, preconstruction, and fee structures). Additionally, a high degree of knowledge of construction markets with the ability to research and collect data of markets. Skills in presentations, oral and written communication skills, motivating others, providing a high-level of service after the sale, leading, and communicating to variety of audiences is necessary. Will need to be self motivated, creative and take personal enjoyment in the process of deal making, and be able to assist the management team in strategic planning.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc.