Electrical VDC Engineer (Hybrid Opportunity)
- Expired: November 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
The Weitz Company is seeking a Electrical VDC Engineer II to be located on data center construction projects. Electrical experience is required.
The VDC Engineer II is responsible for various functions on a construction project related to the design, management and implementation of VDC systems, including execution of modeling, spool drawings and others tasks as directed.. This role streamlines workflows amongst project teams and enhances VDC utilization on assigned project(s). The VDC Engineer II typically reports to the VDC Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare Electrical Shop Drawings.
- Know how to read the Electrical design Documents, Electrical one line diagram and Electrical panel schedule.
- Knowledge of NEC code.
- Leverage 3D, 4D and 5D digital content and assets to partner in the design, management and implementation of VDC systems
- Create streamlined workflows throughout the duration of a project by collaborating with preconstruction and field operation teams
- Assist project team(s) with execution plans, quantity takeoffs, constructability coordination, requests for information (RFI) visualization and schedule phasing capabilities
- Create 3D and 4D models, renderings and simulations for presentations, project pursuits, preconstruction and construction operation efforts
- Create and maintain training material alongside the learning and development team
- Research, test and assist with implementation of new software and hardware
- Support companywide goals and initiatives by identifying continuous improvement areas; collaborate with management on proposed changes
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of VDC standards and best practices
- Compute and analyze metrics for management review; propose areas for improvement
- Bolster the Company's reputation as an industry leader in operational excellence, innovative problem solving and continuous improvement in project delivery
- Partner with marketing and business development on initiatives; promote VDC capabilities
- Keep abreast of the latest software and technology
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: An industry related bachelor's degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of Three (3) years in a construction role supporting VDC is required. LEAN principles experience is desirable. OSHA 10 or 30 preferred, or the willingness to obtain upon hire.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, analytical, project management and organizational skills. They should also show strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, time management, flexibility and problem solving abilities.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should be proficient in Autodesk software programs (Revit AutoCAD and Navisworks) and a general understanding of VDC software (Sketchup, Fuzor, Infraworks, Adobe Suite), systems and hardware, and the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, scheduling software, etc.).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc.
2111 E Highland AvePhoenix, AZ
Get fresh VDC Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!