The Assistant Executive Housekeeper will assist and provide support to the Executive Housekeeper in mentoring and managing Housekeeping Guest Service Managers and non-salaried/Cast Employees. The role supports an operation of continuous improvement, meeting and exceeding standards of guest satisfaction, safety, efficiency and productivity in compliance with Disney's quality and service standards.
Leadership and Relationships
Communication and Recognition:
- Review, re-evaluating and revising departmental procedures and job descriptions, supplies, equipment and labor standards, as needed.
- Develop, implement and communicate with Housekeeping Management creative concepts of Housekeeping to continue to enhance the image of quality of Disney standards.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in driving and maintaining a friendly and sincere service culture through consistent performance coaching and team development. Develop and monitor performance objectives and action plans for the team. Conduct Cast Member forums and takes action on items discussed. Interpret and utilize service performance indicators to motivate and enhance the overall performance of the team.
- Ensure all Housekeeping Management are exposed to contact refinement, training and development on an on-going basis.
- Ensure smooth communication and relationships with partnering Lines of Business such as Front Office, Food & Beverage and Engineering. Foster positive relationships with local vendors and partners.
- Monitor daily assigments to insure that proper quotas and standards are maintained.
- Exceed guest expectations through achievements in compliment to concern ratio and other guest satisfaction measures. Exhibit a high degree of competence in anticipating, assessing and driving the guest experience. Actively engages guest and Cast for feedback.
- Establish effective processes and procedures to ensure cleanliness, consistent guest service delivery and Cast productivity according to Disney standards and operating practices. Ensure compliance OSHA, ADA, local innkeeper laws and related issues. Remain current on changing laws and regulatory requirements, including hazardouse waste removal and recycling programs. Support resort and company wide initiatives such as Environmentality, etc.
- Undertake regular review of department processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Ensure resources are balanced with seasonal and annual fluctuating business levels. Review ongoing opportunities for service, product and facility development and communicate with the Resort Manager.
- Develop a strategic-oriented operating plan that focuses on continous process improvement. Also observe industry trends and Guest needs and consistently evaluate operational processes.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in preparing yearly capital and operational budgets for guest supplies, cleaning supplies and equipment; learn how they are conceived, approved and executed.
- Support in monitoring cost management as it pertains to inventory, issue of supplies, labor and energy.
- Minimum of 5 years management/leadership experience in housekeeping (or related area) at a deluxe/premium resort
- Minimum of 5 years of managing and leading teams
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written and communication skills, follow-through skills with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities holding self and others accountable
- Strong motivator with a well-defined perspective of superior guest service. Able to lead diverse teams to deliver service excellence.
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills consistent with the extensive personal interactions with diverse Cast and guests. Interacts daily with multiple levels of management.
- Solid conflict resolution, negotiation, influencing, communication, presentation and public speaking skills with high level of creativity and innovation
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule including nights and weekends
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education :
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
Additional Information :
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
Job ID: 714583BR
Job Posting Company: Parks, Experiences and Products