- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Archer Western, a member of The Walsh Group, is currently seeking a Lead Estimator for the Mid - Atlantic Heavy Civil Group located in Herndon, VA.
The Lead Estimator will support management, operations and estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Lead Estimator will organize and supervise teams comprised of entry-level to executive level employees and will perform pricing and bidding of construction projects.
As a fourth-generation, family-owned business, Walsh recruits individuals who are seeking a small company feel with a large company backing. Walsh is a successful fast-growing company at the forefront of technology and is committed to being the employer of choice to our employees and the builder of choice to our customers.
There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex work
- Creative and innovative problem-solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward hard work
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility in career path & progression
- Opportunities to work and live all over the United States
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Lead and coordinate teams of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Review all bid documents and assess project risks
- Evaluate project logistics and project schedule
- Prepare bid packages
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier pricing
- Present quotes and estimates to senior leadership
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- 8 years of construction management experience
- Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles
- Ability to lead teams of varying sizes and skill sets
- Capability of leading hard bids, negotiated bids, and conceptual project
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
- Required to travel for projects that are bidding in different regions.
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
If hired by The Walsh Group, you must be in compliance with your employment location's COVID-19 related requirements, if any.
The Walsh Group, Ltd. Is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified applicants with disabilities to compete for jobs. To request a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 312-563-5905 or email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/VeteranEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
The Walsh GroupHerndon, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.