Position Title: Mobile Medical Clinic (MMC) Coordinator
Starting Pay: $16 - $17/hr, DOE
Status/Hours: Temporary (Aug - Jan); full time, non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Operations
Wallace is a federally qualified health center providing high quality, patient-centered primary care to communities in need. We are deeply rooted in our dynamic, vibrant, multicultural--and underserved--community. We focus on engaging patients fully in creating good health, offering support and resources beyond the exam room.
Our mission statement: "We provide an open door to exceptional health services and connections that support individuals and their families in healthy living."
About the Mobile Medical Clinic
The MMC is a 2004 Ford F-53 Winnebago that has been converted into a mobile medical unit with the ability to see up to 20 patients per day. For over five years, Wallace has partnered with community programs to provide quality medical care to underserved communities in the Portland and Gresham areas. The MMC Coordinator is the champion of this service, providing logistical, technical, and clinical care and support.
Mobile Medical Clinic Reception
- Provide respectful, non-judgmental care coordination to patients/community members with multiple barriers to accessing healthcare, including poverty, language, mental illness, and/or housing
- Schedule all appointments, welcome and manage the client experience at the MMC
- Determine patient eligibility, including verification of health insurance, determination of Sliding Scale Fee eligibility, and copayment
- Determine the appropriate course of care based on the presenting complaint (acute, primary, or specialty care)
- Assist patients with required paperwork
- Manage and monitor new patient provider assignments
- Manage patient appointments and files in EPIC
- Schedule and coordinate interpreter services if needed
- Assist with “turning over” exam rooms, sanitizing equipment and instruments
- May assist with obtaining patient vitals
- Enter patient clinical information into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
Mobile Clinic Vehicle Operations
- Drive and set up the mobile clinic to host agency sites and events
- Store, maintain, and protect the integrity and security of the EHR system
- Manage all aspects of vehicle maintenance
- Monitor and maintain all van and medical equipment, including fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, scales, BP cuffs, diagnostic machinery, etc.
- Maintain legally compliant signage
- Ensure up-to-date documentation and maintain organized files and paperwork
- Coordinate MMC repairs and routine maintenance (i.e. oil changes, tune-ups, waste disposal, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with agencies and community members
- Perform community outreach to farms and special events
Wallace Team Member
- Strictly maintain patient and company confidentiality
- Update policies and procedures as needed
- Create new patient forms as needed
- Communicate proactively, professionally, and effectively
- Comply with all applicable laws and fully cooperate with the Wallace compliance program
- Work as a supportive member of the mobile medical team, providing assistance to all medical personnel as required
- Maintain positive working relationships with all staff in all departments
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities according to organizational goals
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- At least one year experience working as a receptionist in healthcare clinic or similar setting
- Active driver's license in state of Oregon with a clean driving record
- Excellent customer service
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with people of diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds compassionately and without judgment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (in person, over phone, in writing, etc.)
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with computers, including Windows and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of medical privacy practices
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Medical Assistant (MA) training
- Experience driving a recreational vehicle
- Experience with OCHIN EPIC or other EHR
- HIPAA certification
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; speakers of all languages encouraged to apply
- Comfort with or knowledge of auto-mechanical components/operations
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position requiring general availability between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, and between 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (shifts vary by day). Some weekend or evening hours may be required.
Please note this is a temporary position beginning in mid to late August and ending approximately in January. At the end of the assignment, the employee would be considered for other similar positions in the organization.
Duties are performed in a mobile home retrofitted as a medical clinic at least two days a week, and in an office setting. There may be exposure to contagious disease.
Some reception duties at other Wallace locations may be required.
This position requires the ability to walk, sit, and stand; communicate face-to-face, telephonically, and electronically; and to lift or carry up to 50 pounds. Candidates must be able to accomplish the essential functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodation.
Submit your resume and cover letter on our careers webpage at https://mywallace.org/about-us/work-with-us/ or through the job board this positing is listed on. Please note your application must include a cover letter for consideration.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Wallace Medical Concern is an inclusive organization that values diversity. Those with experience working alongside culturally specific communities, marginalized groups, and applicants with lived experience around issues of poverty are all encouraged to apply.