Position: Human Resources Generalist, full time, 40 hours per week
The HR Generalist oversees day-to-day HR functions, including recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, compliance, and policy development.
Job Duties - Human Resources Generalist
• Maintains employee databases and HR-relevant files in accordance with laws and regulations
• Provides support for performance reviews for managers
• Manages all leaves of absence (FMLA/OFLA, disability, workers comp, etc.)
• Reviews and develops compliant company policies, procedures, and handbooks
• Provides guidance for employees and managers on employee relations issues
• Supports management with performance issues, policies, and legal compliance issues
• Conducts confidential investigations using industry accepted practices, providing summaries and recommendations to management
• Manages requests for accommodations per the ADA
• Provides day-to-day benefits administration services
• Assists employees with claims issues
• Manages all benefits enrollments (new hires, open enrollment)
• Participates in annual benefits renewals review process
• Makes recommendations to management as needed for changes to benefits
• Manages the full-cycle recruitment and hiring of employees
• Maintains current job descriptions
• Manages credentialing for new and existing providers
• Facilitates new hire onboarding and orientation with managers
• Participates as member of safety committee
• Conducts wage and salary research on a regular basis to ensure competitive and equitable wages
• Conducts FLSA reviews regularly to ensure compliant classifications
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong understanding of local and federal employment law
• At least 3 years of HR experience
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Experience with full-cycle recruiting
• Experience in employee relations, compensation, benefits management, policy and procedure development, safety, and training
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to effectively interact with coworkers and clients with diverse backgrounds, views, and etc.
• Strong organizational, time-management, and problem resolution skills
• Attention to detail and effective prioritization
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certified
• Bachelor Degree in HR
• Prior experience in HR in the medical field
Who We Are
Our mission is to provide an open door to exceptional health services and connections to support individuals and families in healthy living.
Wallace is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing affordable, high quality medical and dental services to underserved communities lacking access to basic healthcare in the Portland/Gresham area. We are a patient-centered care home committed to engaging our patients fully with support and resources to help them achieve better health.
We offer a welcoming, inclusive workplace that values individual contributions, cultural diversity, and ongoing learning.
Our team collaborates in an open, cooperative, and respectful environment to bring good health to overlooked and underserved individuals and families.
Exempt Position; salary offered commensurate with experience.