Optometry Medical Scribe
The Vision Clinic, LLC Lafayette, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k,
As the Optometry Medical Scribe, you will assist the physician with documentation of the patient's electronic medical record (EMR), accompany the physician into the exam room to transcribe the history and examination of the patient as dictated by the physician, and outside of the exam room. You will prepare minor procedure trays, assist with phone calls and patient follow-up, prepares educational material, and coordinate referrals when necessary.
What Would You Do?
- Greet patients in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Load patient data into EMR, system to maintain a good clinic flow and keep the clinic on time per schedule
- Documents medical information dictated by the doctor during patients exam into EMR system
- Reiterate information given by doctor to patient
- Responsible for dispensing samples, education and information brochures, and written prescriptions to patient as directed by physician
- Route charts when necessary, assigns and completes patient follow-up by end of shift
- Remain friendly and helpful to patients at all times
- Answers questions regarding medications prescribed by the physicians
- Responsible for walking patients to the optical area for check out
- Responsible for properly coding visit and services provided under the providers oversight
- Documents any procedures that may be performed by the provider or other medical personnel
- Organize and replenish exam rooms (medical supplies, cleaning and caring of equipment for the next day)
We are looking for a combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 1-2 years in healthcare environment
- High School Diploma required, some college or degree preferred
- Familiar with diagnostic codes
- Ability to learn "on the job"
- Familiar with EMR System
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent typing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Vision Clinic, LLCWhy Work Here?
Great Staff, Culture and Earning Potential Family Eye Clinic, Lafayette
2041 NW Evangeline ThroughwayLafayette, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at The Vision Clinic, LLC