The Villages of Farragut, a new independent living community for active seniors, has a great opportunity for full-time and part-time Housekeeper(s) to join our team! The primary purpose of this position is to assure a clean, safe and comfortable environment for our residents. The Housekeeper helps keep all areas of the community in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Clean resident apartments, including kitchens and bathrooms, per schedule.
- Cleaning all common areas inside of the building (e.g. elevators, laundry room); this includes sweeping, mopping, dusting, disinfecting. Occasionally clean courtyard or outside of building.
- Clean and sanitize common area bathrooms daily and as needed.
- Use proper chemical dilution for cleaning and disinfecting solutions according to prescribed procedures. Maintain proper usage and storage of chemicals.
- Collect and gather trash in courtyard, common areas, offices, and resident apartments.
- Vacuum and mop common area floors.
- Occasionally wash inside and outside windows.
- Complete other cleaning tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs comfortably
- Comfortable using and climbing on step stools
- Certain activities may require repetitive movements including climbing, crawling, crouching, pulling, pushing.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of residents.
- Friendly, professional demeanor, positive disposition, tactful, patient and caring, even while dealing with difficult resident situation.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Respect for privacy and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to be a team player.
- Provide support to all departments as needed, in order to provide the best care to our residents.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma preferred
- One (1) prior work experience in janitorial, custodian or housekeeping role preferred
- Prior working experience with the senior population a plus.
Pay Rate: $12-$13 hourly, experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off