General Manager, The Villages Golf & Country Club
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join the country club community of choice for active seniors in San Jose, CA. A gated community with a $35M annual budget, over 4,000 residents, 2,536 homes, covering 1,200 acres of lush landscaping and water features in the foothills of Mount Hamilton. Amenities include two golf courses (18- and 9-holes), pro shop, clubhouse, restaurant, bistro/bar, four community centers, four outdoor swimming pools & spas, six tennis courts, 4 pickleball courts, fitness center, and horse stables.
We are seeking an experienced and professional General Manager with onsite experience to lead our team of 150. Successful candidates will have an extensive background in client relationships and HOA Community Management. This hands-on position involves working closely with multiple boards, multiple committees, supervision of staff, and engagement with the larger resident community.
• Proven leadership and communication skills with Boards, residents, volunteers, vendors, and staff.
• Effective written and oral communications, public speaking, listening skills, and building relationships with Board members, residents, and professional colleagues.
• Effective implementation of Board policies and collaboration with Board oversight.
• Highest ethical standards, ensuring transparency with Boards, staff, and residents.
• Proven experience with country club and golf course management, property and building management issues, and being proactive in problem solving.
• Proven experience in the community management industry, managing homeowners’ associations, city government, or related experience.
Desired Experience for the Successful Candidate:
• Preferably has experience with golf course management and operations.
• Knowledge and/or understanding of issues related to maintenance of property and amenities.
• Proven success in selecting/retaining/leading/holding accountable management staff and building strong teams.
• Direct experience creating, managing, and forecasting budgets and providing leadership in all financial matters.
• Knowledge of GAAP, budget, and finance practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of property, building and landscaping management, contract negotiation and vendor relations, and administration.
• Demonstrated ability to implement change in processes, systems, and/or organizational structure.
• Knowledge of management contracts, CC&Rs, other governing documents, and awareness of changes in applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization.
• Positive experience in working with/being accountable to a governing board.
• Proven track record in being accountable to meet deadlines and be responsive to diverse constituencies.
• Timely follow-up on commitments made to staff, Boards, committees, and residents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Desired Education and Certification:
• Preferably a BA and/or MA in an associated field, or MBA.
• CCAM and/or CMCA and AMS certification, MCAM and PCAM certifications, desirable.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan participation.
The Villages Golf and Country ClubWhy Work Here?
Awesome boss! Room for growth
The Villages Golf & Country Club in San Jose, California is located in the picturesque Evergreen foothills of Santa Clara County. It offers residents resort-like facilities in a setting that embraces the area's natural beauty.
5000 Cribari Lane San Jose CASan Jose, CA
RetailView all jobs at The Villages Golf and Country Club