Job Title: HR Generalist
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Direct Reports: None
As a partner in building brighter futures for youth and their families, your role will be to assist with and facilitate the human resource processes at all business locations. You will be responsible for assisting with a range of activities related to human resources department functions that align with The Village Network’s Mission, Vision & Values.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Performs general administrative tasks including, but not limited to: filing, faxing, creating/maintaining correspondences, data entry, electronic scanning, and department mail distribution. Orders, stores, and distributes supplies for the Human Resources Department.
- Maintains compliance of Labor Law posters, electronic files, and files relevant to employees, interns, and contractors. Assists staff members as needed, such as researching and providing information as well as special projects. Completes any additional paperwork, logs, forms and spreadsheets as needed.
- Assists with changes and maintenance of employee records and benefits information in the HR information systems and databases.
- Coordinates Volunteers and the Volunteer Tracking System.
- Responds to employee benefit related questions and ensures employees are receiving the training and information needed for all plans. Processes employees’ requests for benefits enrollment and changes.
- Attends New Employee Orientation to get employees’ pictures for badges and present benefit information.
- Assists with FMLA/ADA administration.
- Processes invoices and generates reports as needed. Uses various means to collect data and report data to other departments within the organization and to the HR department to ensure that they have the information that they need.
- Coordinates TVN’s administrative safety tasks including consulting with the safety committees, advising Support Services on OSHA matters, coordinating the workers’ compensation process including receiving all First Report of Injury forms, claim certification/claim settlement, recommending safety improvements, and participation in workers’ compensation discount programs. Manages the Drug Free WorkPlace program.
- Coordinates audits as needed.
- Provides excellent internal customer service and employee relations.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal requirements for above areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of two years broad based Human Resources experience.
- Other combination of experience and education may be considered, if applicable.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computer technology and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Expertise in phone skills, keyboarding, and all other office equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making techniques and uses good judgment in dealing with people and information.
- Possesses: excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve; excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to make independent decisions within established guidelines on an independent basis.
- Detail oriented; customer focused.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance. Ability to travel to the different Village Network sites as necessary.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, reaching, and walking for periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds independently