Job Title: Behavior Management Specialist/Residential, Bethesda
Normal Working Hours: As scheduled to operate the facility on a 24-hour basis; schedule to be discussed during interview
Reports To: Network Coordinator/Program Supervisor
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the transportation needs when not temporarily assigned to other program needs. (10% of time spent).
- Provides behavior management in assigned areas, keeps clients on task, and documents behavior modification system. (30% Importance Rating/30% of Time Spent)
- Assists teacher /staff with daily operation of assigned area. Assists with attendance, communication with parents and referring agencies. Provides transportation if necessary. Oversees meal time and breaks. (30% Importance Rating/30% of Time Spent)
- Provides crisis and/or individual counseling, groups for youth under supervision. This must be coordinated with the teacher and/or Clinical Therapist. (40% Importance Rating/40% of Time Spent)
- Provides psycho educational groups for youth. Selects curriculum based on group’s needs, in coordination with teachers and/or Clinical Therapists. (15% Importance Rating/15% of Time Spent)
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field or 5 years’ experience working with youth and behavior modification strategies preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years experience working with youth and behavior modification strategies and willing to obtain Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance. In addition, travel to homes of clients/students is necessary.
- Ability to comply with The Village Network requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please visit https://www.thevillagenetwork.org/careers to view our comprehensive benefits package and complete a full application.