Office Manager - Mental Health Agency
The Village Life Center Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director, lead administrative support for The Village Life Center and its programs. This dynamic role requires an individual who demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times, with particular strengths in confidentiality and ethical response in all interactions. The Office Manager responds to everyday requests from designated Management personnel, while maintaining a strong administrative grasp of on- going tasks related to the general operations of the The Village Life Center and staff. The position strikes a balance between clerical/administrative excellence and the ability to act with diplomacy, tact, and ethics in a community-based setting.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include, but are not limited to):
• Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, and data entry.
• Attends, records and prepares minutes for team meetings. Makes arrangements and prepares, or supervises preparation of ,necessary materials for meetings at request of the Clinical Director and other management staff.
• Responsible for the day-to-day back-up operation of the Center's telephone(answers, screens, and routes calls to appropriate staff).
• Maintain,accountandpreparereportsregardingthedisbursementofpettycash funds and incentive certificates forprograms.
• Receives, opens, and clears and distributes the center business mail. Copies, files and distributes originals and copies of agency in-coming correspondence from funding sources, etc., and maintains subject and chronological files of correspondence in- coming andout-going.
• Orders supplies according to established TVLC, Inc. procedures, receives all merchandise and compares order with purchase order for correctness, maintains file of purchase orders, processes invoices for payment, maintains control logs and coding system as requested by the Behavioral Health ServicesDirector.
• Maintain the program catalogue, ensuring sufficient copies of all forms, books and policies and procedures, including health education materials.
• Develop and maintain program files, including closed cases in accordance with TVLC standards and directives.
• Maintains client charts and manages administrative/clerical aspects of client intake
• Inputs required client data into electronic medical records system.
• Maintains client data and reporting
• Maintains Employee files and manages administrative/clerical aspects of employee records
• Orient new employees regarding the agency office policies andprocedures.
• Performs chart audits and progress notes audit functions in compliance with Agency, County, State and Federal standards and as directed by Clinical Director and in conjunction with the Accounting and BillingDepartments.
• Verifies Medicaid and Insurance eligibility and assists patients/clients with Medicaid eligibility paperwork and application process when needed.
• Ability to meet or exceed Service Excellence Standards ofTVLC
• Performs other related duties asrequired.
• Additional responsibilities or projects as determined by immediate supervisor.
• High level of demonstrated computer skills.
• Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality.
• Bilingual, English / Spanish,required.
• High degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; written skills adequate to draft basic business letters and accurately word process documents for professional and management staff.
• Minimum 50 wpm typingspeed.
• Valid Texas driver's license; car and valid automobileinsurance.
• Highly flexible: able to accommodate changing needs ofmanagement / administration.
• Good time management skills.
Education & Experience:
• AA degree or higher in business administration or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent.
• Min two years of previous office experience, in secretarial/administrative assistant capacity. (Mental Health, Social Services and/or Medicalpreferred)
• Intermediate or advanced computer skills; experience using MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
The Village Life CenterWhy Work Here?
Awesome team and impactful work in the community.
The Village Life Center is a community based therapeutic program that offers a variety of outpatient therapy and counseling services to children and families affected by mental illness. Our mental health programs promote and encourage hope, wellness and recovery to individuals and families and they embark on their journey to mental wellness. The mental health services we provide occur outside of mental institutions and hospital psychiatric units. We help our clients cope with the symptoms of their illnesses, increase their own capacity for independent living, and prevent or limit periods of inpatient treatment.