Optistar Technology Consultants (www.optistartech.com), a VERTEX Company, is a small, growing multi-national managed IT service provider (MSP) We offer a fun, fast-paced team environment of highly skilled professionals who truly CARE about our customers and employees. We have a dynamic and positive culture with an education-focused philosophy. Bring your creative energy and love for learning along with a great attitude and desire for success, and you'll get a non-toxic, NO DRAMA workplace. We're not just another company name on your resume, we're your opportunity for long-term career growth.
Our parent company, The Vertex Companies, Inc. (www.vertexeng.com), is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction, and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees that work out of 25+ offices throughout North America.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which all U.S. Optistar Employee-Owners enjoy the benefits of. VERTEX's employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project's physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make.
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a dynamic, energetic Sr. Desktop / Help Desk Technician who welcomes the challenge of joining our team. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we're looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve process efficiency? Are you looking to be technically challenged and work in a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Sr. Desktop / Help Desk Technician we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects with minimal supervision, providing support to VERTEX personnel and other associated affiliates, from junior staff to Senior Managers.
Sr. IT Desktop / Help Desk Technician
- Adhere to Optistar's core values
- Perform Level2/3 technical support (in person, on the phone, and via remote sessions).
- Resolve complex issues and work to prevent from happening again.
- Assist with triaging incoming issues via email as necessary.
- Consistently provide five-star customer service and work to exceed customer's expectations.
- Work with the Service Desk Team to reduce the number of escalations.
- Consistently meet SLAs around onboarding and offboarding users
- Ensure tickets are updated with detailed technical notes and are resolved correctly.
- Assist with inventory management for deployed hardware.
- Setup, image and ship new machines to remote locations. Perform testing and complete checklists to ensure consistency and high-quality.
- Assist with updating and creation of knowledge base articles.
- Perform basic to advanced PC, Printer, and phone repairs.
- Create work orders for scheduling on site engineers as necessary
- Assist with security related issues
- Manage ticket queue / work in the Autotask tool (Incidents, Service Requests) ensuring tickets are updated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist with new hire training, orientation, and documentation.
- Meet / exceed tickets Service Desk SLA's and PKI's.
- Assist with O365 license management.
- Install and configure a wide-range of software applications (including engineering software)
- Assist with getting hardware specs and researching new technology
- Collaborate with Optistar coworkers on projects and ongoing support issues
- Cross-train and mentor more junior team members.
- Challenge the status quo. Identify and execute on improvement opportunities.
- Assist with a desktop refresh project to upgrade machines (4+ years old).
- Provide monthly operational data for reporting / trending purposes.
- Act as lead on various IT Service Desk initiatives, vendor installations / upgrades, etc.
- Provide technical assistance with all IT related hardware (phones, AV equipment, webcams). Open tickets and actively work with external vendors a necessary
- Participate in the weekend on call rotation.
- Assist with local user moves as necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Knowledge and experience using of remote access tools.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Previous experience providing customer support over the phone.
- Effective time management skills.
- Passion to provide outstanding customer service.
- Sound troubleshooting skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Can do / service-oriented attitude.
- Energetic about taking on new tasks and learning.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently towards goals.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Excellent work ethic and highly organized.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- College degree preferred, or an equivalent of education
- 7-10 years' experience in a Help Desk / End User / desktop support environment
- MSP experience a plus
- Technical certifications (preferred)
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks, handle multiple priorities, and perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows7, 10, Office 365.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Experience working with web-based Help Desk software a plus.
- Spanish or other foreign language skills a plus.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11
External Company URL: http://www.vertexeng.com/
Street: 810 Third Ave., Suite 307