- Posted: over a month ago
The Vertex Companies, LLC (VERTEX) is a leading multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm that provides forensic consulting, engineering design, construction management, claims & dispute resolution, environmental, and digital solutions to insurance carriers, sureties, law firms, real estate owners, property managers, public agencies, and commercial clients.
Our Forensic team is a highly educated and highly valued team of architecture and engineering experts. We work with global insurance firms, and national and regionally based law firms to provide professional services on a large portfolio of complex and challenging forensic projects.
Why join our Forensic team?
- Growing department with approachable leadership and opportunities for advancement
- Structured career development programs and career paths supported by our “Lifetime of Learning Program”
- Opportunities for direct client and team interaction
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects and industries to enhance your portfolio
- Strong project pipeline and a healthy backlog of work
- Hybrid office environment and supportive culture
Forensic Architects are involved in a wide variety of tasks, including investigations of buildings, code research, construction document review, failure analysis, the scope of repair preparation, and report writing. These activities will generally be performed for insurance property claims, construction defect litigation matters, and property condition assessments. Forensic Architects work alongside structural engineers and enjoy variety in their work, a combination of field and office work, and feel pride in helping to resolve our client's issues.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct forensic field inspections into the cause and origin of incidents related to residential and commercial property damage claims and/or construction or design defect claims
- Research compliance with building codes and review construction and project plan documents
- Develop expert investigative reports with detailed findings and plans for remediation for senior management review and client presentation
- Develop detailed plans for remediation of loss: scope, schedule, budget
- BS degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Building Services
- Registered Architect (RA) required
- 5+ years of professional experience in the design, inspection, and construction of residential and commercial structures required
- Previous experience in the design of residential and/or commercial structures (concrete, wood, and steel)
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC), and existing (IEBC) I-codes
- Travel to client sites is required for this role
VERTEX offers a solid total compensation package including base salary and discretionary bonus plan. We also offer a robust benefits package including, healthcare (with multiple plan options) and dental; Company-paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability. We offer a 401k plan with immediate match and vesting, Flex Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, and other perks. We provide a generous paid time off plan for eligible employees including 15 days of vacation, 64 hours of sick time, and 9.5 paid holidays (prorated for eligible part-time employees). Our “Lifetime of Learning” program also offers tuition reimbursement and additional support for pursuing advanced education, to help employees grow their skills and careers.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.
The Vertex Companies, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?