The Vernon Company is looking for a dynamic and high energy individual to join our growing organization. Vernon is a fourth generation, family-owned business specializing in corporate identity branding programs, serving more than 30,000 clients nationwide. The ideal candidate will have passion, experience, enthusiasm, and a clear vision to add significant value to our organization. They will be required to lead the company through the strategic planning and execution of sales strategies and key partnerships. This person will have direct oversight of our Sales division staff as well as a field sales team comprised of 225+ account executives located throughout the United States. This highly-visible officer position reports directly to the company’s President/CEO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Providing leadership and guidance to management team and external Board of Directors as the company continues its growth trajectory
· Overseeing sales, recruiting, and corporate acquisitions
· Financial responsibilities include overall profits, forecasting, and expense control with an understanding of the company’s P&L, operations, and long-term business objectives
· Meeting and exceeding monthly revenue goals
· Growing the company market share with sales to new customers and building on existing relationships with add-on business to current clients
· Personnel management and effective communication, integration and coordination with both internal and external (i.e. Marketing, Operations, Finance, Technology, Operations, and Graphics)
· Facilitating, collaborating and enhancing communications between departments and corporate entities and subsidiaries
· Corporate program supervision and contract collaboration with top clients
· Providing industry leadership and seeking key partnerships to help drive revenue, visibility and credibility
· Knowing and understanding the competitive landscape, as well as sales trends and opportunities
Ideal Qualifications & Experience
· BA/BS Degree in business or administration or a related major from an accredited 4-year college or university. MBA degree is a plus.
· 7+ years of proven leadership in strategic sales management within the promotional products industry with demonstrably positive results.
· Experience in defining and implementing sales tactics to achieve a long-term vision and in developing and launching successful sales programs and services.
· Exemplary negotiation skills to direct cross functional management & sales team successfully through annual objectives and help lead diverse groups to amicable win-win consensus.
· Experience setting and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
· Experience in participating on a senior leadership team with solid business acumen.
· Experience in effectively managing the entire sales life cycle.
· Experience in managing multiple, concurrent operational projects with a high level of complexity, while applying strategic thinking ability and analytical skills.
· Experience leading a multi-discipline team and comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
· Strong understanding of IT infrastructure including Salesforce CRM, MS Office applications and e-commerce platforms and SEO.
Necessary Interpersonal Skills
· Goal-oriented, energetic, aggressive, and organized team player able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial personality who can make strategic decisions with a sense of velocity and urgency.
· Highly engaging & outgoing personality – ideal candidate must thrive in daily interactions and work/social interactions with all levels of team members, client/AE prospects and top vendors.
· Ability to identify key issues in a situation and think creatively and strategically when faced with internal and external challenges.
· Effective leadership with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a multi-discipline staff of business professionals.
· Excellent oral and written communications including public speaking
Travel requirements: Some travel is required. The company headquarters is located in Newton, Iowa.
Position Reports to: President and CEO
The Vernon Company offers a competitive compensation/benefit package, including health, vision, life, 401(k), PTO, and holidays. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
For consideration, complete job application at INDEED https://bit.ly/VernonVPSales
The Vernon Company