Staff Development Specialist
- $1,000 to $1,500 Weekly
Description:VERLAND IS NOW HIRING FOR AN EXCITING ROLE !!
Verland is hiring Exceptional People to provide Compassionate Care as a STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST to join our ICF division (Intermediate Care Facility). Our Mission is that "We believe that every person deserves a safe, enriching, and stable environment in which to thrive with dignity and respect. Our mission is to provide individualized, innovative care and ongoing support for people in our community with complex physical and intellectual challenges. "
Verland's Vision is simple "To lead the way in transformative care, for those with complex needs, allowing all individuals the power to live a life of dignity and contribute to our society to the full extent of their abilities."
We lean on our staff to support and encourage individuals with intellectual disabilities to become as independent as possible.
The Staff Development Specialist is responsible for education, planning and professional development of new hires and existing employees to assure adequately care is provided inline with our mission, vision, values, policies, and procedures. The Staff Development Specialist will conduct new hire orientation, and adult learning initiatives. Knowledge of adult learning theory, learning management systems, classroom training techniques, learner engagement, on-the-job training, and personal growth workshops is critical.
As the staff development specialist you have the unique opportunity to set the tone for every new hire while demonstrating your passion for the service to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
The following is a list, although not an all-inclusive list, of duties the Staff Development Manager is responsible for:
- Facility, schedule and oversee new staff orientation.
- Schedule and coordinate annual training for all employees to assure consistent implementation of current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Support departments in uploading in the LMS and introducing new policies/procedures as the need arises as identified by department heads, supervisors, and staff.
- Identify/review available professional training (seminars/workshops) provided by outside sources to determine applicability to professional and non-professional staff job duties.
- Work with the department leaders to identify and provide additional educational opportunities to enhance the level of service provided to the individuals that Verland serves.
- Identify through observation enhancement to onboarding and preparing new hires to be successful in providing compassionate care.
- Coordinate training or workshops for professional and non-professional staff to enhance professional and personal growth.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date in service records to assure all employees receive the necessary training.
- Provide CPR certification training for all staff, as required.
- Forward all completed reports to the Chief Human Resources each month regarding training records and compliance.
- Responsible for staff training concerning safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
· CASH INCENTIVES:
- $1,000 -$1,500 Employee Referral (for successfully* referring someone to employment)
- Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage (see benefits below)
- Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays
Verland is truly STATE OF THE HEART!Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in any field related to human services preferred.
- Five years of experience with IDD population
- Excellent motivational skills
- Experience in a human resources department preferred
- Familiarity with up-to-date training methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate information relating to ICF/ID regulations for training programs for all levels of staff.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with all staff and consultants, promoting a team concept.
- Must possess excellent Microsoft program skills and general computer knowledge.
Up to 2 weeks paid training is provided by Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual's support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.Verland Family ValuesCommitment to Community, Compassionate Care, Dedication to Employees, Trust through Transparency, Welcoming Diversity To learn more about our Mission, Vision and Family Values check out our website Verland.org.PM21
The Verland Foundation Inc.Pittsburgh, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.