Senior Director, Federal Contracts and Legal Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Director, Federal Contracts and Legal Operations
Herndon, VA (Open to Remote)
Our client, an IT services federal contractor, is seeking a Senior Director of Federal Contract and Legal Operations reporting to the company’s Chief Financial Officer. In this role, the Senior Director will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of government services contracts and subcontracts, advising and representing the company in a variety of legal and related matters, and overseeing the procurement function. The Director will manage a team of 4-6 contracts and procurement professionals.
This role is ideal for someone who is seeking a position as a senior resource in the contract and legal function but will also enjoy rolling up their sleeves and doing some tactical work. The position is expected to be 2/3 contracts and 1/3 legal.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills; ability to form effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting complex legal and contractual information to senior leadership.
- Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Highly analytical with the ability to make sound business judgments and solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to interpret and negotiate large Government solicitations and contracts.
- Skilled in managing schedules for multiple workstreams and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Contracts and Procurement
- Lead the Government contracting process for the company, including reviewing, negotiating, interpreting, and overseeing administration of complex U.S. Government contracts and prime contractor issued subcontracts for professional services.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and contract provisions applicable to government business, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, agency supplemental regulations, Truth in Negotiations Act, and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Assist the contracts staff and interact as needed with Government Contracting Officers, Prime Contractors, and Subcontractors on contractual matters.
- Support company growth by reviewing teaming agreements, solicitations, and proposals for new business to assess performance risks, acceptable terms and conditions, and compliance with company policy.
- Manage the purchasing function to solicit proposals for subcontractors, negotiate subcontracts to ensure appropriate flowdown of prime contract requirements, and monitor subcontractors’ performance and contract compliance.
- Develop and conduct training on government contract management and compliance.
- Provide guidance to company management on contract issues and their resolution.
- Lead the company’s legal function, providing forward looking guidance to company leadership on all legal matters including federal contract compliance; corporate governance, compliance, and ethics; and regulatory matters.
- Perform as a knowledgeable strategic legal advisor for all contractual documents, including sale and purchase contracts, licenses, leases, financing contracts, nondisclosure agreements, employment agreements, and joint ventures.
- Manage and guide numerous outside counsel firms on company contractual and legal requirements and employment law/benefits.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new company policies and processes.
- Advise and communicate with management regarding contractual rights, obligations, and risks.
- Provide training and tools to facilitate contract and policy compliance, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Juris doctor from an accredited law school and license to practice law in Virginia or Indiana strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline required.
- 5-8 years of experience in Government Contracting, preferably as in-house counsel at a large government contractor ($200M+) with a focus on professional services, including 3+ years as the leader of a company’s contracts function.
- Must have strong background and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated supplemental contracting regulations.
- Experience working with multiple contract types
As a federal government contractor, and to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042, our client requires employees to either (1) show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or (2) have an approved reasonable accommodation, based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, exempting them from the requirement. If selected for this role, you will need to submit documentation of proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process.
We have a deep rooted commitment to ensure any changes or improvements in your organization are impactful and effective. Our extensive, well rounded experience allows us to provide you with best practices and recommendations on your HR operations. We work strategically and are committed to providing the highest quality of professional services available.
The Verity Group, L.L.C.Why Work Here?
Our clients are dynamic, growing companies/organizations. They value their team members and create many opportunities for development.
We are a “roll up your sleeves” HR and Recruiting Consulting firm in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area supporting clients across multiple growth industries. We hit the ground running with our direct approach and dedicated goal of helping companies become more successful. Every client engagement is based on collaboration and our comprehensive understanding of your business, not just your immediate need or challenge. From there, we customize HR solutions and provide ongoing expertise, 24×7 communication, and proactive project management. We have a deep rooted commitment to ensure any changes or improvements in your organization are impactful and effective. Our extensive, well rounded experience allows us to provide you with best practices and recommendations on your HR operations. We work strategically and are committed to providing the highest quality of professional services available.