RyanSharkey, LLP, is recognized as one of the leading accounting and consulting firms in the Washington, D.C. region, providing opportunities for our people and delivering forward-thinking solutions that are strategically aligned with our diverse clients’ specific goals.
Established in 2003 by entrepreneurs, RyanSharkey’s leadership team has Big Four accounting backgrounds and expertise working with multifaceted clients in a variety of industries, both public and private. At RyanSharkey, we work side-by-side with our clients supporting their audit, tax and consulting service needs. We are committed to providing the highest level of personalized customer service, offering the intuitive guidance our clients need, when they need it. RyanSharkey is a growing firm with an energetic, encouraging office environment and our professional’s development is a priority. We offer technical skill training, career growth opportunities, mentor relationships, and more.
We invest in our employees and our culture embraces individuals for their unique talents and encourages independent, solution-oriented thinkers. We know the value of “roll-up your sleeves” hard work and appreciate our team through our deep commitment to empowering them as leaders.
RyanSharkey is actively looking for a dynamic, growth-minded Experienced Tax Associate to join our Tax practice. We have been recognized for our overall company culture and putting our employees first. RyanSharkey offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, growth potential and a long term career.
Find your future. Make it matter. RyanSharkey, LLP!
- Plan and direct corporate and partnership tax compliance engagements.
- Identify and provide tax issues and tax planning advice to a diverse client base.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Responsible for project management as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Focus on management of client relationships to ensure delivery of exceptional client services.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Responsible for leading a team of senior and staff level positions and ensure proper execution of assignments.
- A minimum of 5 years or prior experience demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements in public accounting.
- Experienced at preparing income tax returns and tax provisions.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excel and ProSystem tax software experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field.
- Must have a CPA license.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential, coupled with the utmost attention to detail.