To function as a member of the clinical team performing a supportive role in the delivery of patient care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
This position will involve travel to the satellite clinic in Sevierville, TN weekly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review patient schedules, organization of patient flow, accompanying patients to exam/procedure rooms, performing vital signs, preparing exam rooms, performing screenings per provider guidelines, assisting providers with various procedures, charting, relaying instructions to patients, and answering phone calls in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs clerical functions as assigned which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining radiology reports, obtaining office notes from primary care providers, documenting patient communication in patient charts, completing forms/requisitions ensuring accuracy in completeness, scheduling appointments, ensuring accuracy of patient demographics and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and accurate.
- Performs environmental functions as assigned which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning exam rooms between patient visits to maintain infection control, perform sterilization of surgical instruments, perform weekly/monthly cleaning on autoclave sterilizer, compiling supply list, sorting/storing supplies and restocking exam rooms as needed.
- Preparing patients for procedures using sterilization techniques.
- Preparing procedure rooms for surgery day.
- Scribing for Physician on procedure day.
- Performs organizational functions as assigned which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Respecting/promoting patient rights and privacy, responding appropriately to emergency situations, returning patient calls in a timely manner, be in compliance with HIPAA and PHI laws
- Performs clinical medical assisting functions that vary according to state law, which may include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates effective use of medical terminology.
- Demonstrates effective use of the EMR system.
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, critical thinking, planning and decision-making skills.
- Able to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Demonstrates dependability and initiative as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrates effective time management skills including priority setting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of patients, member of the public and other healthcare providers.
- Ability to follow instructions as directed and to ask for clarity if not understood.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or community college course in medial assisting
- Current documentation of a National Certification for the registered medical assistant (RMA) or certified medical assistant preferred (CMA)
- Must possess a current CPR certification and maintain certification
2 years clinical experience, preferred, but a less qualified candidate may be considered.
Job Type: Full-time with possible Overtime
Required license or certification:
- Prefer LPN, Certified/ Registered Medical Assistant