*Applications must be submitted via the University of Alabama System Office's recruitment portal at https://jobs.uasystem.edu. Applications are due 11:59pm CST on Monday, November 30.
The University of Alabama System is receiving applications for the position of Internal Auditor at The University of Alabama. The Office of Internal Audit provides assurance and consulting services, including evaluating processes and controls, assessing related risks and the impact on organizational goals, and providing counsel on effective risk management techniques and sound business practices.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
· CPA or CIA certification
· Three years of relevant experience in public accounting, internal auditing, or accounting/finance
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Strong time management skills
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, cooperatively, and strategically across all functions, levels, and departments
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner with minimal supervision
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Experience in auditing higher education institutions, and related enterprises
· Five or more years of relevant experience
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
· Developing audit programs that achieve the audit objectives
· Evaluating processes and controls and assessing related risks
· Preparing reports that are thorough, well organized, self-explanatory, and support conclusions reached
Note to applicant: Applications must be submitted via the University of Alabama System Office recruitment portal at https://jobs.uasystem.edu Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and complete contact information for three professional references who will be contacted only with the candidate’s permission.
Background Investigation Statement: Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Alabama System is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
The University of Alabama System OfficeWith more than 68,500 students, The University of Alabama System is Alabama’s largest higher education enterprise, comprised of three dynamic doctoral research institutions striving to provide the people of Alabama with regionally and nationally prominent teaching, research, and service programs with a profound impact on our state. Each year over 14,600 degrees are awarded to our highly qualified students. The System is one of Alabama’s largest employers with more than 36,000 employees at its three campuses and health system.