Looking for a candidate with 6 months to 2 years experience working in a UPS Store. THIS POISTION IS NOT WITH UPS, BUT WITH A INDIVIDUAL LOCAL FRANCHISE STORE.
If you have no prior UPS Store work experience, please do not apply.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Store Manager
REPORTS TO: Center Manager / Assistant Manager
To ensure a customer intimate experience with each customer by providing efficient and effective service to meet and exceed expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet customers and determine how to exceed their expectations
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailbox modules accurately.
- Record all sales transactions on cash register and accurately process cash, check, money orders and credit card transactions.
- Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products.
- Operate CMS and all other software packages.
- Receive and process packages for courier shipping, including lifting and weighting packages on scale, accessing Manifesting software, generating labels and retrieving from customer's vehicle when requested.
- Assist in merchandising the center, including: stocking shelves with product, ensuring a clean and orderly appearance of product, informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies, being informed of product specifics (i.e. warranties, durability claims, pricing, etc.)
- Close out of register to include: reconciliation of cash, checks, money orders, credit cards, and all other transactions accurately and in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment and all other office machines in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines.
- General housekeeping duties.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Have prior The UPS Store work experience.
Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers in person and over the phone.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Manual hand dexterity required to operate cash register, copiers and complete customer paperwork.