- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Center Specialist proactively helps the Center Manager and/or Franchise Owner efficiently run the day-to-day operations of this retail location. He or she may be required to open and close the center, help manage productivity and ensure the center’s team delivers world-class customer service to all customers, while monitoring cost control and operational expenses. The Center Specialist is involved with team training, optimizing sales, profit/loss management, continuous center improvements, service delivery expectations, overall personnel management, and development of community business relationships.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner with a preferred background in the shipping and print production industry. He or she is a genuinely friendly and professional “people person” with a high school diploma or GED (college coursework or a degree preferred), two years minimum in fast-paced retail store operations experience, one year minimum supervisory/managerial/leadership experience, excellent computer/internet/software knowledge, the physical ability to perform this job (standing, lifting, bending, etc.), and knows how to actively listen, follow, lead, and help the center attain defined performance goals. He or she must be trustworthy/dependable and have an ongoing positive personality to help proactively motivate a team and optimize the delivery of exceptional customer service by consistently modeling the right behaviors. Previous experience proficiently operating commercial MFM (Multi-Function Machine) equipment for copying, printing, scanning, faxing and basic graphic design experience preferred.
- Consistently maintains a professional appearance and cheerful demeanor
- Helps with ongoing store management, which includes training, scheduling, and coaching associates to deliver exceptional customer service
- Schedules ongoing work assignments and contributes to staff training and performance reviews
- Helps execute in-store and external marketing program initiatives
- Helps manage customer claims as needed
- Monitors center inventory and requests ordering of retail items and supplies when needed
- Helps oversee ongoing center maintenance, including cleanliness, safety, and overall organization
- Opening and store closing responsibilities
- Ability to work weekends (Saturdays/Sundays) as needed is a requirement
- Must be able to pass a background check and become an onsite notary if hired
- Takes directions well from senior management (teachable and trainable attitude)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Fast learner
- Friendly demeanor
- Extremely organized
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Utilizes active listening skills
- Requires minimal supervision
- Career-oriented and goal-driven
- Thrives in a culturally diverse workspace
- Adaptable in utilizing technology (Tech savvy)
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required
- Shipping and print production experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proactive team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- Two years minimum working in a retail and/or business center environment
- One year of supervisory experience in logistics, retail, or other relevant industry
- Ability to pass a background check and become an onsite notary public is required
- Advanced education degree, coursework, or tech school preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Direct Deposit
- Uniforms Provided
- Formal On-the-Job Training Program
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Earned Quarterly Performance Bonuses (eligible after the initial 90-day training period)
- Not Open on Major Holidays (Christmas, New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc)
The UPS Store #7529Why Work Here?
We provide excellent career advancement opportunities for job seekers who passionately believe in delivering world class customer service.
THE UPS STORE, INC. together comprise approximately 4,800 independently owned franchise locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, providing convenient and value-added business services to the small-office/home-office market, corporate "road warriors," and consumers. Our centers offer a variety of shipping, freight, postal, digital online printing, document, and business services through convenient locations and world-class service. The strength of THE UPS STORE, INC. comes, in part, from the talented and dedicated associates that lead and operate each retail location. We endeavor to be the best in every aspect of business by promoting a culture of trust, teamwork, accountability, high expectations, and open communication.
9100 Alaking CourtCapitol Heights, MD
BusinessView all jobs at The UPS Store #7529