Due to Covid-19, this job is temporarily work-from-home. Employer name and web site will be provided to qualified applicants.
Attention recent grads with BS in Mechanical Engineering. Are you a recent engineering grad who wants to launch a career in the tools and specialty instrument segment? Would you like to spend several years perfecting your engineering program management skills? Do you want to drive the entire New-Product-Development process for a US company that manufactures in China? My client, a well-established manufacturer of hand tools and electronic devices sold through Home Depot and Lowe's, has reorganized its New Product Development Process. We seek a BSME with 0-3 years' experience to fill this newly-created position. Your job is to manage and execute the entire NPD process.
You will have training and support from other team members as you learn to master your job tasks!
- Degree: BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience: 0 to 3 years' experience.
- Job Fit: Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills. Very strong written and spoken business English.
- Location: Work-from-home, during Covid-19. Objective is probably 2-3 days per week in the office, after Covid slows down. Must be flexible in your ability to work from home.
- Work Authorization: Requires unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the entire new-product-development (NPD) process, communicating and managing timelines, milestones, and deliverables for cross-functional team partners. Deliver on time, and in budget.
- Own all new-product development, from concept through launch, managing multiple programs concurrently.
- Manage all engineering and project documentation.
- Hold weekly NPD meetings with US and Asia staff. This may involve late-night or early-morning team calls with Asia.
- Act as gatekeeper between all cross-functional stakeholder groups. Extreme emphasis on timeline and program management; problem escalation and resolution.
- Work with our Supply Chain/Logistics personnel to determine optimal shipping options for prototypes, samples, etc.
- Track and manage timelines and deliverables using on-line Program Management Software. (Company currently uses Asana program management software.)
- Manage and execute all job duties from a home office setting. You must be disciplined and structured enough to work from home without distraction.
Off-site recruiter Claudia Tusset is handling search on behalf of HR Function in the company. This is a direct hire job with full benefits and 401K.
The Tusset Group
Why Work Here?Claudia Tusset is an independent HR consultant working since the 1990's. She helps the HR Departments of manufacturing and distribution companies with overflow recruiting projects. Claudia is NOT functioning as a headhunter. She is an extension of the HR Department of the employer and is contacting you as a direct representative of employer, itself.
Dynamic company in the hand tool and electronic instrument segment. Promote from within. Great benefit package with 401(k) and bonus.