The Tranzonic companies is looking for a candidates to join our Supply Chain team. As a member of the Supply Chain Team, your areas of focus include Inventory Network Performance, Inventory Planning, and Logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management focus is preferred.
- MBA in Logistics / Supply Chain Management a plus.
- Experience in inventory management, transportation/distribution and/or overseas importing preferred.
- Broad perspective and forward thinking problem solver and strategic planner.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Balancing inventory between multiple distribution centers by analyzing the inventory requirement in each warehouse and determining inventory movement strategies.
- Interact with Logistics, Sourcing, Customer Service, Receiving and Sales to assist in customer relationships.
- Review reports on service levels, inventory levels, inventory turns and transactions to ensure achievement of company goals. Suggest and/or implement corrective actions as required to eliminate adverse root causes.
- Positively impact the Fill Rate by monitoring the daily backorder report, historical customer demand, and forecasts provided by Sales. Seek out and make suggestions for item substitutions.
- Participate in order consolidation and other freight optimization activities.
- Coordinate with third-party logistics companies for the fulfillment of orders for specific large customers.
- Assist with in-transit inventory tracking between our facilities and our supply chain partners.
- Assist with product rationalization and slow/dead inventory resolution.
- Dexterity: Ability to make small movements such as typing, picking up small object, or pinching items together.
- Communicating: Especially where one must frequently give and receive detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, Ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Must be physically and mentally able to work your required shift.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instruction and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Language Ability: Ability to write and communicate in complex sentences using good vocabulary.
- Supervision: none