- $18 to $20 Yearly
- Medical , Retirement
A brand-new family-owned small animal practice with top notch facilities, committed to provide high quality care to pets is seeking for Veterinary Assistant. Individual with positive and friendly attitude, committed to excellent patient and client services, looking for growth and opportunity with some experience in a veterinary office will be a plus.
As a full-service practice, we provide wellness and sick examinations, immunizations, surgery and dentistry, laser therapy, digital radiography, and in house laboratory and pharmacy services. Providing utmost care to pets and empathy and respect to clients is the crucial part of our practice.
· Effective and gentle animal handling and restraint. Includes pet lifting – small and large sized pets.
· Assisting doctors with pet exam, surgery, dentistry, and anesthesia monitoring.
· Caring for hospitalized patients.
· Helping with medical documentation and records update.
· Filling prescriptions.
· May have to handle telephone system, answering and triaging client phone calls as a part of teamwork.
· Communicating with veterinarian and other staff members regarding client/patient medical matters and concerns.
· Providing basic client education when appropriate.
Required skill set:
· Should be comfortable with handling and restraining pets.
· Ability to multitask is a must.
· Have or are willing to learn veterinary skills including but not limited to venipuncture, placing catheter, anesthesia monitoring and dental cleaning.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with pleasant and empathetic communication capability.
· Computer knowledge, willing to learn new software.
· A caring, compassionate attitude towards pets, clients and team equally.
· Great team worker with positive attitude and believes on teamwork and collaboration. Good work ethics is a critical part of teamwork skills.
· High school graduate or equivalency is required.
Job type: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18 to $20.
Benefits we offer:
· Yearly uniform allowance
· Discount on veterinary care and products for your furry family members
· 401k retirement plan options.
· Medical, vision, and dental insurance options for full-time staff
· Paid time off and paid major holidays for full-time staff
The Town Vets
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.