The Town Dock is a family owned, growing business in the port of Galilee. We are the largest supplier of calamari in the United States. The Town Dock has received the following awards from Providence Business News: 8th Fastest Growing Private Company in 2016, Overall Excellence in a Mid-Size Company in 2017, Lean Management in 2018, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019 and also received 4th Fastest Growing Company (in our size) in 2018.
The Town Dock is currently seeking a Fleet Shoreside Technician.
Our Vessel Management team is responsible to ensure each vessel is operational. We are looking to hire a person at the Narragansett facility to assist with these responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and Vessel management and works closely with boat captains and other employees in the department. This individual is responsible for the assessment of vessel needs, documentation or work completed and physical work on the fleet of Clark owned fishing vessels to ensure each vessel is operational.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Work with vessel captains to identify complete monthly assessments of overall maintenance needs for each vessel
· Perform repair work on the vessels, i.e., net repair, preparation work for haul outs, repair ground cables and doors
· Replace nets as needed to accommodate changes in the type of fishery
· Maintain a log and proper documentation for any maintenance work completed
· Maintain parts inventory spreadsheet for each vessel (filters, spare parts, etc.)
· Provide physical inventory and organization of the net storage and other vessel equipment
· Coordinate and oversee maintenance or repair projects with third party vendors, such as engine rebuilds and haul-outs
· Travel in or out of state to pick up parts or make deliveries
· Attend fishery meetings as necessary
· Provide back-up as needed for routine maintenance on boats including oil changes, fuel filter changes, grease fittings
Ideal candidate will have:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in industry
· Skills and experience with maintenance and mechanical work on fishing vessels
· Drivers’ license and ability to drive pick-up truck and trailer
· Ability to mend nets and maintain/repair ground cables and doors
· Physical ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
· Physical ability to bend, crouch, crawl, climb ladder, and stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions – heat, cold and windy conditions
· Ability to travel up to 20%
· Effective problem solving skills
· Effective and professional communication with various internal and external (boat captains)
· Effective Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Basic math skills required
· Basic communication in English, including reading and writing
· Forklift/pallet jack certified / willingness to learn
· Ability to work weekend hours as work demands
· A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, accountability, teamwork, and ethical behavior.
Compensation depends on skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive hourly pay, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.