Do you look forward to a new challenge each day? Are you good at diagnosing and repairing equipment? Do you like hands on repairs?
The Town Dock is a family owned, growing business in the port of Galilee. We are the largest supplier of calamari in the United States. The Town Dock has received the following awards from Providence Business News: 8th Fastest Growing Private Company in 2016, Overall Excellence in a Mid-Size Company in 2017, Lean Management in 2018, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and also received 4th Fastest Growing Company (in our size) in 2018.
The Town Dock is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Our Maintenance team is responsible for the maintenance and repair of The Town Dock’s buildings, equipment, vehicles and boats to ensure continuous productivity within the business. We are looking to hire a person to assist with these responsibilities. This position reports to the Maintenance Foreman and works with a team of Maintenance Technicians within the department.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Diagnose, repair, and maintain facilities in Narragansett and Johnston, as well as the equipment.
· Pallet jack and forklift maintenance.
· Plant wide preventative maintenance as assigned.
· Snow removal.
· Assist with the repair and maintenance of boats when necessary.
· Complete assigned work orders within timely manner. Work orders may include mechanical work, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, welding and minor electrical.
· Enter work orders into CMMS Program on a daily basis.
· Work in both Johnston and Narragansett facilities depending on workload and as directed by supervisor
· Work with other maintenance staff on assigned projects.
· Travel to pick up parts/equipment as needed.
· Maintain cleanliness of the maintenance shop and work areas on the job
· Maintain DOT, HACCP, OSHA and Food Safety regulations throughout maintenance responsibilities.
· Report any safety violations to Maintenance Foreman.
· Special projects as directed by the Maintenance Foreman.
· This position is required to answer cell phone 24/7. Call-backs and/or extended hours are required when needed.
· Assigned work orders completed within the requested time frame.
· Any required paperwork completed in timely manner.
· Machinery and business able to operate with as little down time as possible.
Ideal candidate will have:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Ability/skill to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
· Driver’s license required.
· Basic understanding of pumps, motors, gearboxes, pallet jacks, fork trucks, electrical, and construction.
· Ability to weld and fabricate.
· Carpentry/electrical skills.
· Willingness to grow knowledge base in areas such as refrigeration and forklift repair.
· Lockout/Tagout Training or the willingness to be trained
· Capable of working productively while unsupervised.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Ability to be flexible with changing priorities.
· Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and weekends as needed.
· Ability to read, write and speak English.
· Physical ability to lift 60 lbs., work in confined conditions, work at heights up to 30’ in lifts, climb stairs and ladders.
· Basic math skills.
· Effective computer skills and ability in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as CMMS program.
· A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability and ethical behavior.
Compensation depends on skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive hourly pay, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.