Manufacturing Engineer to initiate process design and equipment automation. Responsible for researching, developing, justifying and implementing advanced automation initiatives in a cutting, welding and grinding of metal products value stream. Responsible for working closely with other manufacturing engineers to develop custom proprietary processes and machines needed to remain the leader in Cutting Technologies.
Job Duties/ Essential Functions:
- Track root cause of downtime for critical machines and create action plans and remediation measures for Maintenance/Engineering team.
- Track machine uptime and provide analysis on driving factors for uptime and recommendations on preventative maintenance measures.
- Coordinating with our Maintenance team, track and setup machine PM's for machines.
- Working with our Maintenance and Engineering team, write SOPs for PMs for Machines.
- Work with maintenance attendant to ensure all machine documentation files are correct and up to date.
- Confirm operator daily maintenance works with technician maintenance responsibilities
- Monitor OEM service and identify issues or opportunities for Maintenance team.
- Help direct OEM service techs entering the facility.
- Work with OEM service techs to ensure all safety rules are followed.
- Working with the Maintenance Supervisor, help identify training needs for maintenance staff.
- Help solve problematic machine breakdowns and implement preventative maintenance plan.
- Supervise two dedicated PM maintenance techs.
- Using our Maintenance software, maintain service record database for all factory machines.
- Provide justification and write capital requests for new equipment.
- Provide support for Automation on reliability projects.
- Help manage incoming manufacturing equipment projects.
- Working with our Operations team, assist with resource planning for project support.
- Provides engineering expertise to aid in the development of annual and long-term business plans. Designs, justifies, develops and implements the engineering portions of the plans.
- Develops concepts on capital projects. Prepares IAR's; coordinates the investigation, selection, installation, prove-out and training to successfully integrate projects into the unit.
- Analyzes and provide solutions for problems which adversely affect quality, productivity, safety, flexibility and cost.
- Some (compensated) weekend supervis i on as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in a metal working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to modify, troubleshoot and create programs for six axis robots and PLC's.
- BS degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Ability to read schematics, assign I/O addresses and wiring. Integration experience is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to provide analysis through data.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.