Professional Engineer - (805.3)
The Thrasher Group, Inc. Beaver, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
Organizational Unit: Water Resources - Water (00.01X.010)
Location: Beaver, WV, US 25813
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Title: Professional Engineer (PE) /Branch Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Beckley, WV
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
Division: (All) Branch Manager
The Thrasher Group is a multi-disciplinary firm with roots planted in West Virginia. From a small-town civil engineering firm to a respected regional powerhouse, Thrasher has scaled to meet our clients' needs. Today we provide engineering, environmental, architecture, construction services and survey services to communities and organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. With 10 offices in 7 states we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we don't just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We're always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental needs, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We're looking for a Professional Engineer with experience and enthusiasm for Project Management and Business Development to join our Beckley, WV team. As a member of the team you will cultivate a far-reaching business footprint, ensure quality work is always delivered, and drive profitability. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Lead and motivate the existing team, and execute managerial functions
- Prepare complete land development and construction plans; perform or review mathematical calculations for design geometries, grade lines, alignments, and drainage
- Lead utility projects, including public water and sewer projects
- Assist with the management of a Materials Testing construction laboratory
- Assist with plans for permitting and construction of land development projects which include design, layout, grading, drainage and E & S Controls.
- Possess the ability to be both the seller and designer, attracting new business and delivering quality work
- Maintain existing network of clients and while exploring new markets
- Work with construction inspection personnel, as required, to assure that all contracted work operates to the specifications.
- Assist project manager on project from inception to completion
- Pro-actively identify schedule, financial, or technical issues and provide timely communication to Project Manager to seek a resolution
- Provides mentorship to junior engineers and staff
- Business development
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
- A BS from ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering
- 5 or more years of civil design experience.
- Knowledge of the area, and current market drivers
- Possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication, leadership, and time management skills
Additional, Preferred Qualifications;
- Must hold a current Professional Engineers (PE) License in the state of West Virginia.
Salary Range: N/A
Travel Required: Some
Supervisory Status: Yes
Management Focus: Yes
Design Focus: Yes
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 35 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"
The Thrasher Group, Inc.
EngineeringView all jobs at The Thrasher Group, Inc.