Part Time Customer Care Representative
A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, The Teaching Company is a popular and growing media company that produces The Great Courses: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world’s greatest professors without the pressure of schedules, homework, or exams.
The Great Courses cover a wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects, such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes, in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills, and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable educational brands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others.
The Teaching Company has developed a catalog of over 700 courses comprising over 8,900 hours of content. The Great Courses are delivered to customers via digital streaming, DVD, and CD sales on the e-commerce site www.TheGreatCourses.com; and, most recently, through The Great Courses Plus, a digital subscription platform that PC Magazine has called “Netflix for Learning.” The Great Courses can be found on Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Channels, Comcast Xfinity Video on Demand, Audible.com, Recorded Books, Kanopy, Hoopla, and more.
The Great Courses also has highly rated apps available across most major app platforms, including iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Alexa.
Since its establishment in 1990, The Teaching Company has sold more than 25 million courses and prominent and loyal customers of The Teaching Company include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and George Lucas, to name a few.
We are currently looking for rockstar Part Time Customer Care Representatives that enjoy working in a fun, fast paced setting and are looking for growth in their careers! We offer great pay, benefits, and opportunities for advancement!
Schedule: Day and Evening shift schedules, including weekends. This position will start in Feb 2020 and is a permanent position working out of our Chantilly office.
· Managing relationships with customers; generating additional sales by up-selling and cross-selling
· Resolving complaints, general questions, processing orders, and various administrative projects needed in the operation of the call center.
· Communicating with customers with all aspects of purchasing, owning, and returning our products.
· Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple computer applications and efficiently navigate Windows (MS Office) programs.
· Achieving detailed knowledge of the product and policies of the company so as to provide expert service to customers.
· Must be able to adapt to frequent changes in policy and information.
Associates degree or higher in related field.
Strong computer skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Outstanding customer service skills.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to sit at computer and work on the phone for extended periods of time.
2 years: Experience in an inbound sales and service environment preferred.