Service Desk Tier II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Service Desk Tier 2 Tech Support shall be responsible for IT problems or requests that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk Tier 1 level. Tier 2 technicians shall be responsible for responding to and resolving “IT” Service Desk tickets on a timely manner. The persons assigned to this function will work directly with end users either remotely or at the customer’s location until the incident or request is resolved. The contractor filling this position shall also be able to perform all duties and responsibilities at the Service Desk Tier 1 position level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze incidents or problems, identify root causes, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve a range of medium to complex software, hardware, and connectivity issues.
- Ask probing questions, research, analyze, and rectify problems and resolve the incidents or problems if such incidents or problems are identified as minor.
- If the incidents or problems are identified as major and require a code or configuration change, the Tier 2 Support team routes the ticket to the Tier 3 Support team.
Education and Experience:
General understanding and knowledge of the Microsoft computing environment
At least 2 years of experience or more with resolving and recording software and hardware customer incidents and requests
At least 2 years of experience with effectively analyzing, troubleshooting, researching, resolving tracking, documenting and when necessary escalating customer incidents and requests to the appropriate office or staff member using a ticketing database (Remedy).
- At least 2 years working knowledge of and experience with PCs, laptops, tablets, peripherals, and related hardware technologies; Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 Operating System, the latest version of Microsoft Office and a host of other commonly used software.
- CompTia Network+, or A+ is required, Network+ preferred for this position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must possess a good understanding of basic networking technologies; e-mail systems, remote desktop applications, desktop applications, IT troubleshooting techniques, and shall possesses good written and oral communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, a candidate for this position may be required to provide proof of vaccination status for COVID-19 and will be subject to the provisions and/or exceptions of EO 14042 and applicable law.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.
The Tatitlek CorporationWhy Work Here?
Amazing team supporting a mission essential program!
Our company’s roots are in the Alaska Native Village of Tatitlek, located in beautiful Prince William Sound. We are a diverse company providing values-based services and products to our customers while ensuring stewardship of our assets and connection to our lands. We strive to bridge the traditions of our village with global economic opportunity to enhance the quality of life for our people. We are committed to increasing the presence and effectiveness of Alaska Native leadership, as well as fulfilling the goal of the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to empower the economic self-determination of Alaska Natives.
TechnologyView all jobs at The Tatitlek Corporation