Executive Administrative Assistant
- Posted: December 01, 2022
This position is located in the Threat Investigations and Analysis Directorate (TIA) Front Office, Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), Department of State. TIA’s mission is to provide DS with the means to track, analyze, disseminate, and investigate threat information for our embassies and consulates. The offices within TIA coordinate with U.S. law enforcement and the Intelligence Community to produce timely intelligence products that warn of threats to American personnel and facilities overseas. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative and office management support to the TIA Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) and Front Office staff, as well as TIA’s five subordinate program offices: DS Command Center, the Office of Intelligence and Threat Analysis, the Office of Protective Intelligence Investigations, the Office of Rewards for Justice, and the Office of Open Source Intelligence. They will coordinate with other administrative, operational, and logistical entities both inside and outside of TIA to ensure the continuity of executive level activities. General duties of the position include, but are not limited to: updating and maintaining appointment and shared office calendars; coordinating appointments and meetings; receiving incoming mail and telephone calls and routing them to appropriate individuals; organizing and maintaining filing systems; making travel arrangements; escorting and receiving visitors to the office; final proofreading and editing of documents and correspondence; developing and implementing office procedures, including purchasing actions, in conjunction with other administrative staff; assembling information for data calls; maintaining databases; and timekeeping.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the DAS’s and TIA Front Office shared calendars; maintain, update, and manage the DAS’s schedule; organize, create electronic invitations to, and identify appropriate space for meetings; screen and answer incoming calls; and organize and schedule office events as required by the DAS.
- Support proper security protocol, act as visitor escort, and oversee proper storage and handling of classified documents and the destruction of classified material as directed. Serve as Unit Security Officer and/or Assistant Special Security Representative as needed or directed.
- Solicits information from TIA program offices to compile a Weekly Activity Report (WAR) and submits the WAR to the DAS for clearance.
- As assigned, attend meetings and record/distribute minutes derived from the meetings.
- Identify and track deadlines for assigned taskers; regularly review the DSS Tasker Tracker and disseminate/highlight new requests for the Special Assistant, Staff Assistant, and/or the TIA DAS.
- Prepare office documents, such as cables, memoranda, letters, briefing papers, etc.; draft routine correspondence; proofread documents received for the DAS’s signature; organize and prioritize documents directed to the office; ensure deadlines are monitored and met.
- Receive, open, and distribute office mail; prepare interoffice and external mail; operate office equipment (PCs, fax machines, phones, copiers, etc.); make copies.
- Perform word processing, database, SharePoint, and spreadsheet activities; maintain SharePoint and other databases and archives.
- Prepare and/or edit organizational charts, memos, and other general office documents and material; regularly update and maintain employee records and contact information.
- Manage and maintain the office filing system, organize and retire records as appropriate and per mandatory records retirement schedules.
- Prepare Time and Attendance records for Government hires using WebTATEL software.
- Conduct a wide-range of Human Resources (HR) activities on behalf of the TIA Front Office, to include but not limited to: handling in- and out-processing procedures for new hire and departing employees to include overseeing assigned workspace, cell phone issuance, GO tokens, and generating documentation for computer access and identification badges; analyzing staffing patterns; works with TIA Front Office staff and program offices to assist in the coordination of recruitment and hiring actions with HR.
- Act as proxy for the DAS to monitor the preparation and submission of annual evaluations for Civil Service and Foreign Service personnel.
- Coordinate with office administrative staff to order office supplies and equipment and organize repairs of facilities or office equipment.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned an/or as directed/required by TIA Front Office staff, including IT support and logistical assistance and driving duties for the DAS and other staff as needed.
- Serve as back-up in the absence of the resident Special Assistant and/or Staff Assistant; provide project and other administrative support as required. Establish and maintain office procedures in coordination with the TIA Front Office staff.
- Assist with Staff Assistant duties as needed, including but not limited to duties related to the management of assigned taskers, maintenance of office infrastructure, equipment, and space, creation of official travel arrangements, submission of passport and visa paperwork, and preparation of travel vouchers for program office personnel.
- Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Possess an Undergraduate degree in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent experience (five years of equivalent experience performing executive administrative support may be substituted for education).
- Must be tactful, highly organized, and be able to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to handle high pressure situations.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint) and basic desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of general office management policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience working with databases.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Prior experience with DS or Department of State preferred.
- Must have a valid state or District of Columbia driver’s license.
- MANDATORY: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret/SCI clearance level. Selected candidate may start with a Top Secret clearance in some program offices but will require a final TS/SCI clearance in order to enter on duty in others.
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Must have or be eligible for security clearances. May require occasional travel.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, a candidate for this position may be required to provide proof of vaccination status for COVID-19 and will be subject to the provisions and/or exceptions of EO 14042 and applicable law.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment.
The Tatitlek Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at The Tatitlek Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?