Access Control Clerk/Guard II
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing access control functions providing access control support at a main or front desk.
- Routine record keeping functions with attention to detail.
- Enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Exercises judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority.
- Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas. Commonly, the guard is required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms or other special weapons.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Licensure
- Must hold an active Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience should demonstrate skills with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), basic correspondence, answering and screening incoming telephone calls, and the operation of basic office equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to complete a substantial body of work.
- Ability to accept and respond to new emergent and unique project task requirements.
- Ability to work evening shifts when required.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and succinctly both in writing and verbally to co-workers, team members, internal department groups and personnel as well as outside entities to include other departments.
- Ability to use a variety of office automation software, i.e., Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around the building site; see, hear and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Performance of essential and ancillary functions requires maintenance of physical conditioning adequate for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at time lift and carry up to as much as 50 pounds, nhear visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech with background noise.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is consistent with work performed in the building trades.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.
The Tatitlek CorporationSandbridge Beach, VA
BusinessView All The Tatitlek Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.