Construction Superintendent - DoD, HAWAII
Talent Corps Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently hiring a Construction Superintendent for a direct-hire position at government facility in Honolulu, HI. Qualified candidates MUST have had previous construction experience working on large federal projects, preferably with the Department of Defense (DoD). Candidates must also have a Top Secret clearance.
- The Project Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the Work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified.
- Candidate must have worked for several Federal Government Agencies, so a solid understanding of general Federal Government Construction procedures and requirements is a must.
- The candidate must have a T/S Clearance.
- Provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and team oriented working relationships of the on-site staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Examine contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to generate RFIs to be submitted to the client
- Work with the Project Manager to keep the project schedule properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- Work with Quality Control Manager to ensure workmanship meets or exceeds project standards.
- Inspect site and make sure proper measures are being taken to adhere to Erosion and Sediment Control standards.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes attending pre-start meetings and approval of Safety Program.
- Cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Head up weekly coordination meetings and safety meetings with the subcontractors and keep documentation for record.
- Receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- Generate and submit Daily Reports to the Project Manager on a no less than weekly basis.
- Review all as-built prints.
- Participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the Owner.
- Review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project.
- Ensure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings.
- Refer and adhere to Portico's Safety Manual for further instruction and OSHA regulations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Selected candidate must be able to read blueprints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use the computer programs within a reasonable amount of time
- A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred; or, a minimum of 10-yrs of work experience is required
- Must have work experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have basic Blueprint Engineering experience
- Must have basic Blueprint Estimating experience
- Must have a minimum of 30-hour OSHA training (or, on-line training to be completed within 30 days of hire date)
- Top Secret Clearance Required
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested parties are asked to apply to this posting and call Katie @ 214-601-2204.
#Super #Superintendent #DoD #Hawaii #TSclearance
Talent CorpsWhy Work Here?
Strengthening America’s Workforce through smart and innovative solutions.
Talent Corps is dedicated to Strengthening Americas Workforce through trade specialization. By offering Trade Specialization in each of our Talent Divisions, we provide leading workforce solutions on a global platform.