Medical Assistant Certified-Southern Hills
The Surgical Clinic Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EXCELLENT Administrative and Computer Skills (OUTLOOK/EMR)
EXCELLENT Organizational and Prioritizing Skills
Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
· Must be able to work in a VERY FAST PACED SURGERY OFFICE
· Energetic and willing to learn within a team environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to interact with providers, patients and families via phone and in person.
· Assist physician to ensure maximum efficiency
· Set up for procedures and examinations
· Maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies
· Keep rooms and equipment clean between procedures
· Obtain lab test and other reports for physician review
· Schedule and Order tests
· Precert tests and surgeries
· Obtain vital signs, ascertain seriousness of patient complaints and begin appropriate measures and document in patient record
· Collect, label and document lab specimens
· Triage Patient phone calls
· Provide physician instructions
· Notify hospital or skilled nursing facility of physician orders
· Schedule patients for tests and/or to other physician offices
· Contact patient of test results or surgeries
· Contact pharmacy regarding orders/changes etc.
· Perform other tasks as needed to assist physician
· Current Medical Assistant License
Basic Required Qualifications :
· Knowledge of Medications and effects
· Ability to develop and communicate self-care programs
· Skill and Knowledge of various surgery equipment and surgery treatment procedures
· Complete charts, charge tickets, review and verify Codes for physician charges
· Maintain Quality OSHA Controls/HIPAA compliant
· Sterile techniques and process
· Current LPN or current Medical Assistant License ( must be kept current in order to retain position)Work Days/Hours:
· This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position
· Days: Monday thru Friday
· Hours: varies
Pay is based on experience. $15.50 is base rate.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that may be faced by a Medical Assistant throughout their scope of employment. To conduct this position properly, applicants must be able to complete the following list of physical tasks. Reasonable accommodation will be available for those individuals with disabilities, and are not able to complete the following tasks.
· Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
· Lifting objects, possibly weights in excess of 30 pounds
· Bending, reaching, and twisting
· Ability to assist and support patients in transfer from exam rooms, out of wheelchairs, onto exam tables, during the exam process, etc.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as needed
Job Type: Full-time
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional job functions. The company reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
TSC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, disability, age, national origin, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class as outlined by the federal, local, or state government.
The Surgical ClinicWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, paid time off, paid holidays!
The Surgical Clinic is a group of private practice Surgeons representing many specialties of surgical practice to develop patient-focused, conveniently located places to enable patients to have access to needed surgical procedures close to home. Since its founding in 1997, The Surgical Clinic has continued to attract talented surgeons, becoming one of Middle Tennessee’s most respected practices. We specialize in general surgery, breast, bowel, bariatrics, veins, foot and ankle, cancer and reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries. In addition, The Surgical Clinic has established an accredited Ultrasound Labs, a Vascular Office Based Procedure Center, Prosthetics and Podiatry
397 Wallace RoadNashville, TN