Delivery Driver - Sterling, VA
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Delivery Driver - Sterling, VA
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits!!
Responsible for delivering all outgoing orders on their route from designated delivery facility to the customer and providing timely, friendly service.
- Collect, check, and load all the day’s orders listed on their daily delivery manifest.
- Check all paperwork against Jump Track manifest and determine best route order.
- Check and load all outgoing bulk paper and water jugs.
- Ensure load is secure, cannot shift and will not fall over during transportation.
- Audit any outgoing White Glove orders and request changes as necessary.
- Mark all problems on the daily PDL and return to Customer Service for follow-up.
- Deliver all outgoing product to our customers and handle open pick-up requests.
- Maximize route and delivery efficiency while providing excellent customer service.
- Use Jump Track delivery software and tablet to collect Proof of Delivery information for all items delivered or picked-up.
- Maintains compliance with all company guidelines and company established delivery standards.
- Keep Customer Service and Driver Supervisor apprised of special situations that arise throughout the day.
- Field calls from Customer Service and Management and make accommodations for special requests as necessary.
- Process all customer returns and undelivered items nightly.
- Palletize all empty water jugs, used toner cartridges, and returned merchandise in accordance with local policies.
- Report any undelivered orders and pick-up issues to Supervisor.
- Keep up with general paperwork requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date Vehicle checklist and report problems to Supervisor.
- Submit all water spiffs, productivity reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Understands all company safety guidelines and protocols outlined in the Safety Handbook.
- Follows up on vehicle maintenance and inspections according to federal, state and company guidelines. Monitors personal GEO Tab statistics behavior and maintains safety compliance standards. Fully understands all company safety protocols.
- Maintains a safe and clean vehicle and working environment by complying with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Meets company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications and /or Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record. CDL credentials if needed for the type of vehicles assigned to the route.
- High School Diploma is preferred, but not required.
- Prior delivery route experience in a customer facing role is preferred, but not required.
- Well-rounded knowledge of small package delivery in a commercial environment, procedures, and truck maintenance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to exchange information with other.
- Ability to understand and follow direction.
- Ability to use basic warehouse tools and equipment.
- Be able to prioritize duties to meet daily company standards.
- Focused on detail oriented tasks.
- Able work independently and/or collaboratively within a team.
- Manage and organize time to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Lives and leads by TSRC’s values and serves as an example of the best we want to see in our team.
- Able to interact professionally with customers, vendor partners, and fellow employees.
- Highly motivated to learn and grow - self-directed and proactive.
- Reliable and responsive.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and conscientiousness – care about doing the right thing, not the easy thing.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Innovative mindset – demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills when met with challenges.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to do the following:
- Ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding and ramps.
- Perform activities such as balance, bend/stoop, crouch, kneel, push/pull, reach, squat.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 2,000 pounds in all directions using proper lifting technique and equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs unassisted.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Operating motor vehicles or standard warehouse material handling equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
The Supply Room is a business-to-business distributor of office supplies, furniture, coffee and breakroom products, janitorial and cleaning supplies, promotional products, and technology solutions to customers seeking customized workplace solutions and personalized service. We are the region’s largest independent office supply dealer with ten locations in Virginia and Maryland. A family-owned and operated company since 1951, TSRC, Inc. is dedicated to supporting our team members and the communities in which we serve.
Available benefits include: paid leave and holidays; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage; short and long term disability coverage; 401k with a corporate match; and tuition reimbursement for career development courses.
TSRC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our online application system. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (804) 412-1200.
TSRC, Inc. maintains a drug free workplace.
The Supply RoomSterling, VA
Transportation and Storage
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.