The Sunshine House is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced school-age teacher to manage our Afterschool and Summer Camp Programs.
The ideal candidate is creative, professional, and has experience working with children ages 5-12 in a licensed childcare or afterschool program and is comfortable transporting children on a company mini-bus.
Our afterschool teacher will:
- Plan, implement and oversee The Sunshine House afterschool program and summer camp program for children ages 5-12 years.
- Treat children with dignity and respect, meeting the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Plan opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g., individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Teach skills and activities that transfer into continuous learning outside of the afterschool program.
- Motivate children to be physically active by implementing a variety of recreational activities, including the NFL Play 60 program.
- Hold a valid driver's license and transport children safely in a company bus daily during the school year and on weekly field trips during the summer.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with children, parents, staff and others.
- Participate in staff meetings and complete training hours as required for state licensing.
- Maintain current knowledge of afterschool practices.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of our program.
- Must be21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent; higher level degrees preferred.
- Must have at least six months experience working in a licensed childcare or afterschool program.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid or become certified upon hire.
- Must be adaptable in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment and enjoy participation in activities like singing, dancing, jumping and running.
- Must pass state background check and health assessments.
- Must have a clean driving record(no more than 2 violationsin the last five years) and undergo bus safety training upon hire.
P.S. Karaoke skills a plus!
Join our fun and growing team! Apply today!