Tyler's Camp Site Director
SummerCollab co-creates youth programs that energize kids to love learning, play wildly and believe in the power of their unique talents. We envision a world filled with imaginative, confident young people who believe in their unique talents, intelligence and unlimited possibility. Our signature programs, Tyler’s Camp, Literacy Corps, Community Mentor Network and Collaborative Clubs, provide new experiences and rich activities designed to narrow learning gaps in low income communities. We focus on cultivating self-worth, self-discovery, and meaningful human connection. Through these programs, kids learn to be vulnerable, persistent and curious while exploring new experiences. A side effect of this work is improved confidence, academic engagement and performance.
The Tyler’s Camp Site Director will serve as the overall supervisor of the day-to-day operations at their assigned Tyler’s Camp location.
- Daily supervision of location camp staff to include camp counselors, instructors and operations specialists.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations at the assigned camp location.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring and onboarding of Tyler’s Camp staff.
- Assist with the developing and facilitating of trainings as part of ongoing development for all staff.
- Observing staff and providing feedback regularly to ensure high-quality care and curriculum execution.
- Working closely with the Program Operations Director to maintain a positive camp culture for both staff and campers.
- Assist with consistent parent communication prior to the start of camp and maintain communication through the duration of the camp season.
- Assist with the preparation of site and staff schedules.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Operations Director.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Tyler’s Camp seeks an exceptional leader with a charismatic personality and an unyielding commitment to advocating for Delaware’s youth. The ideal candidate for this role has at least 3 years of leadership or coaching experience and demonstrated success with project or program management. Site Director candidates are highly organized and maintain effective and proactive communication strategies. Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage a team are critical. Site Director candidates will be flexible, able to prioritize effectively and make quick decisions. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset, a strong belief in student-centered learning, and the drive to help program participants become excited about learning!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
SummerCollab is an equal opportunity employer that strives to be a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, community, volunteers, contractors, and vendors. We respect and value diverse life experiences and cultures and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
SummerCollab does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression/identity, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical ability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a seasonal position for the 2023 summer season. Staff will work the dates listed in their offer letter and camp schedules will vary based on site assignment. Any employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of required background checks, health appraisal and required training.
The Summer Learning Collaborative, Inc.Newark, DE
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.