- 8 days ago
Job Title: Server
Job Type: seasonal and year-round, part-time and full-time
The Stray Dog is looking for a Server who is experienced, knowledgeable, hardworking, and detail-oriented. As a server, you will create a welcoming environment, guide guests through their dining experience, and ensure each guest has had a memorable experience. If you are a proactive team player with a passion for the food and beverage industry, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Great guests with a warm, sincere smile promptly upon seating.
- Deliver efficient, friendly service to a 3+ table section following all steps of service and bussing tables as needed.
- Exceed expectations for each guest experience and anticipate guests’ needs.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints, questions, or suggestions in a timely manner.
- Record and submit all orders, process payments, and balance all receipts accurately.
- Proficiently operate the POS system and follow cash-handling procedures.
- Serve drinks according to proper alcohol handling regulations.
- Be knowledgeable of menu details and company information to answer guest questions.
- Understand and follow procedures for food allergies, special orders, and diet restrictions.
- Complete cleaning tasks according to daily and weekly schedules.
- Complete opening and closing tasks and side work as needed during shift.
- Assist with orienting and training new employees as instructed by management.
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings or projects designed to improve quality of service and employee productivity.
- Communicate with other FOH team members to ensure each guest’s needs are fulfilled.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as instructed by management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 19 years of age
- 2+ years of serving experience preferred, not required
- Available during days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong skills in customer service, communication, planning, problem-solving, and teamwork
- High energy levels and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Authorization, Certification and At-Will Employment Agreement
I certify that I have personally completed this application. I declare that the information provided in this employment application is true and complete and I understand that any false information or significant omissions may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may be justification for my dismissal from employment if discovered at a later date. I agree to immediately notify this company if I should be convicted of a crime while my job application is pending or during my employment, if hired.
I understand that I shall be required to provide documentation establishing my legal authorization for employment within the first three days of my employment.
I authorize this company to make an investigation of all information contained in this employment application and I release from liability all companies and corporations supplying such information. I understand any false answers, statements, or implications made by me on this application or other required documents shall be considered sufficient cause for denial of employment or discharge.
I specifically authorize and direct my current and former employers to supply employment-related information to this company and do hereby release my current and former employers from liability for providing information to this company.
Upon termination of my employment for whatever reason, I release this company from all liability for supplying any information concerning my employment to any potential employer.
I authorize this company, if applicable, to request a copy of my credit report, motor vehicle driving record, and any other investigative report deemed necessary through various third party sources. As required by law, upon request within a reasonable period of time, I will be notified as to the nature and scope of such investigations.
If applicable, I also agree to submit to any drug test required of me, whether prior to my employment or if employed by this company at any time thereafter.
At-Will Employment Agreement
I understand and agree that nothing contained in this application, or conveyed during any interview is intended to create an employment contract between the company and me. In addition, I understand and agree that if you employ me, in consideration of my employment, my employment and compensation will be at-will, for no definite period of time, and may be terminated at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all. I understand that only the company’s managing member is authorized to change the employment-at-will status and such a change can only be done in writing. I have read, understand, and agree to the above.
Powered by JazzHR
The Stray Dog Bar & Grill
AddressNew Buffalo, MI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?