Job Title: Bartender
Job Type: seasonal and year-round, part-time and full-time
The Stray Dog is looking for a bartender who is experienced, knowledgeable, hardworking, and detail-oriented. As a bartender, you will create a welcoming environment, guide guests through their dining experience, and ensure each guest has had a memorable experience. If you are a proactive team player with a passion for the food and beverage industry, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Great guests with a warm, sincere smile promptly upon seating.
- Record and submit all orders, process payments, and balance all receipts accurately.
- Be knowledgeable of menu details and company information to answer guest questions.
- Exceed expectations for each guest experience and anticipate guests’ needs.
- Proficiently operate the POS system and follow cash-handling procedures.
- Serve drinks while maintaining a clean and sanitary bar area.
- Follow recipes and prepare drinks to the highest standard and consistency.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints, questions, or suggestions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to proper alcohol handling, sanitation, and safety procedures and maintain appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all beverage items.
- Complete cleaning tasks according to daily and weekly schedules.
- Complete opening and closing tasks and side work as needed during shift.
- Assist with orienting and training new employees as instructed by management.
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings or projects designed to improve quality of service and employee productivity.
- Communicate with other FOH team members to ensure each guest’s needs are fulfilled.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as instructed by management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 21 years of age
- 2+ years of bartending experience
- Available during days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong skills in customer service, communication, planning, problem-solving, and teamwork
- High energy levels and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Authorization, Certification and At-Will Employment Agreement
I certify that I have personally completed this application. I declare that the information provided in this employment application is true and complete and I understand that any false information or significant omissions may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may be justification for my dismissal from employment if discovered at a later date. I agree to immediately notify this company if I should be convicted of a crime while my job application is pending or during my employment, if hired.
I understand that I shall be required to provide documentation establishing my legal authorization for employment within the first three days of my employment.
I authorize this company to make an investigation of all information contained in this employment application and I release from liability all companies and corporations supplying such information. I understand any false answers, statements, or implications made by me on this application or other required documents shall be considered sufficient cause for denial of employment or discharge.
I specifically authorize and direct my current and former employers to supply employment-related information to this company and do hereby release my current and former employers from liability for providing information to this company.
Upon termination of my employment for whatever reason, I release this company from all liability for supplying any information concerning my employment to any potential employer.
I authorize this company, if applicable, to request a copy of my credit report, motor vehicle driving record, and any other investigative report deemed necessary through various third party sources. As required by law, upon request within a reasonable period of time, I will be notified as to the nature and scope of such investigations.
If applicable, I also agree to submit to any drug test required of me, whether prior to my employment or if employed by this company at any time thereafter.
At-Will Employment Agreement
I understand and agree that nothing contained in this application, or conveyed during any interview is intended to create an employment contract between the company and me. In addition, I understand and agree that if you employ me, in consideration of my employment, my employment and compensation will be at-will, for no definite period of time, and may be terminated at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all. I understand that only the company’s managing member is authorized to change the employment-at-will status and such a change can only be done in writing. I have read, understand, and agree to the above.
Powered by JazzHR
The Stray Dog Bar & GrillNew Buffalo, MI
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.