Bioinformatician - NGS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary focus of this position is the development and deployment of NGS analysis pipelines using different bioinformatics tools. The successful candidate will also play an important role in curating protein sequence databases, evaluating mutational and evolutionary patterns, conducting feasibility analyses, and contextualizing the design challenge within the scientific literature. The position will interface closely with experimental and computational deep learning design teams in order to provide close coupling between the computational and experimental feedback loop.
- Develops and maintains NGS pipelines (including quality control, data processing, analysis, and visualization) for different NGS applications.
- Maintain git repositories with proper versioning and contribute to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Actively engages in developing data analytical strategies across generated datasets
- Maintains current knowledge of advances in pertinent fields.
- Create visualizations, interpret high dimensional data, and explain results to teams.
- Report on project progress and present data effectively at team and management meetings.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Ph.D. in Cell and/or Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related discipline with 3+ years of hands-on experience in NGS at a clinical lab, pharmaceutical company, and/or academic institution. A master’s degree with more than 5 years of directly relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience/general proficiency with UNIX shell environment and strong understanding of using bioinformatics CLI tools (e.g., bowtie, BWA, GATK, trimmomatic, etc.) for different NGS applications, e.g. (amplicon-based assays, gene expression, CRISPR)
- Experience in building NGS pipelines with high accuracy using bioinformatics command line tools and custom scripts (ideally R or python)
- Experience in workflow management tools (Nextflow or equivalent) is highly desirable.
- A deep understanding of molecular biology and biochemical techniques relevant to assay development.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills demonstrated through examples of projects supported.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a particular emphasis on clear documentation of experiments and studies are essential, as is a willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The Steely Group
Get fresh NGS Global jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.