Questions about the employment opportunities posted here may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Employees of The State Bar of California receive a range of competitive benefits.
Annual Salary Range: $85,512 - $114,012
The Sr. Information Technology Analystwill be responsible for day-to-day administration of on-prem and hosted SQL server and database environments. As a Sr. Database Administrator, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our database infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable SQL environment. In this mission critical role, leveraging your senior level technical skills, this position will contribute to the overall design, build and high-level support of all existing and new Microsoft SQL Server systems.
Preferred Technical Experience
- Design, administer, and manage Azure environments and topologies (e.g., SQL PaaS, IaaS)
- Migrate and deploy various enterprise on-prem workloads to Azure
- Manage hybrid Azure AD environments
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Setup and maintenance of Microsoft 365 user accounts and subscriptions
- Support of users accessing Microsoft 365 services
- Serve as the backup for the Windows Systems Administrator
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Management and administration of Microsoft Active Directory (e.g., group policy)
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
- MCTS, MCITP, MCSA SQL 2016, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Certification and/or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
Equivalent to the completion of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with majorcoursework in computer science, information technology or a closely related field. Possession of one or more approved information technology certificates and/or completion of other approved technology related training may substitute for some or all of the required education.
- Four years of experience with Database Administration and hands on development for MSSQL Server as well as with SSIS, SSRS.
- Administer and manage SQL servers across the enterprise including but not limited to design, implementation, capacity planning, and maintenance in databases in development, QA, and production environments
- Provide database metrics that summarize the overall application performance and system health of production SQL databases
- Troubleshoot SQL issues, document solutions, communicate with business and technical resources and work toward sustainable solutions
- Analyze system performance, identify problems, provide suggestions for database and process improvements, and implement solutions included but limited to performing database tuning, monitoring and health checks
- Reviews and performs database maintenance, e.g., constrains/indexing, job/process schedules, incident/event and change management, security processes, statistics collection
- In-depth experience with installation, replication, high-availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR), log-shipping, database mirroring, Always-On availability groups, cluster options, and operations for Microsoft SQL server 2008 2016
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Proficiency with SQL Management Studio, SQL Profiler and Performance Monitoring to generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them
- Experience writing and modifying T-SQL scripts and queries as well as SQL Stored Procedures; Assist developers with development of complex SQL query tuning coding standards and schema refinement
- Proficiency with Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users)
- Provide 24x7 support for production systems and perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Install and configure relevant components to ensure secure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.