- Expired: January 25, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The St. James is seeking a Camp Lead to join it's Summer Sports Camps team at flagship location in Springfield, Virginia.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination brand in the country, with a mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing and operating sports, wellness and entertainment destinations that engage, inspire and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. Our flagship development in Springfield, Virginia features a premium health club, celebrity chef-inspired restaurant, premium medi-spa, 20,000 sq. ft. active entertainment center, as well as an indoor field house with FIFA-sized field, two NHL-regulation sized ice rinks, 52-meter Olympic competition pool and much, much more. The St. James allows the whole family to pursue their passions in sports.
After a fun, memorable job this summer filled with excitement? Do you love sports, kids, and being active? Want to work at the premier sports and entertainment complex in the DMV region? If so, we have the opportunity for you to make this season the best one ever for thousands of kids with The St. James Summer Sports Camps.
If you have the energy and passion for serving youth through sports, The St. James is the place to work this summer! Camp Leads play a vital role in the organization of our camp program and, as the name suggests, is a leadership position. We seek candidates with a strong background and/or interest in sports for these openings.
AM & PM Leads
- Serve as the manager of the designated venue.
- Serve as an essential adult presence & role model for all campers & staff. Above all, this includes ensuring TSJ safety procedures are met. This includes a moderate understanding of risk management.
- Plan, organize, & supervise activities in the assigned venue & be able to easily adapt & modify lesson plans to make them age-appropriate, and fit within specific time slots.
- Give counselors work assignments in the venue, ensuring all staff are engaged & involved in the curriculum for that venue.
- Assists with set-up for check-in for the morning (AM Lead) , late check-in, lunch prep & before-care.
- Assists with set-up for check-out for the afternoon (PM Lead), early check-out, lunch prep, & after-care
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or have at least one year of college experience.
- Must be able to attend all camp training & orientation sessions.
- CRP/First Aid Certifications or willing to obtain.
- Prior experience supervising staff.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a good role model for our campers with strong moral character.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Flexible schedule over the summer, with the ability to work 25-40 hours per week.
- Venue based - PT 830am - 330pm
For more information, please visit our website: www.thestjames.com
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
The St. James
Get fresh Summer Camp Photographer jobs daily straight to your inbox!