Bethesda- Café Manager
- Expired: July 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The St. James is seeking looking for a Café Manager to join the team at its new location in Bethesda, Maryland.
The St. James is building the premier sports, wellness, and active entertainment platform in the country, with a mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing, and operating destinations that engage, inspire, and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. Our Performance Clubs are an elite approach to health, wellness, and human performance, providing the opportunity to leverage tools utilized by professional athletes to maximize their potential - namely performance training, nutrition, and recovery. In short, it's a space designed, outfitted, and programmed to allow everyone to train like an athlete.
The St. James Performance Club in Bethesda will feature intentionally designed spaces, state of the art equipment and performance-based programming. We need to identify and select a team of passionate teammates who can deliver on our promise to provide excellence in all we do, including provide comprehensive results in a premium hospitality environment.
- Develop budget guidelines and manage all F&B operations within those guidelines
- Develop reports to management regarding sales results and productivity
- Maintain an inventory for all food and liquor for the facility
- Create internal checklists and procedures to monitor and comply with food safety standards
- Manage food service staff; and assist Team & Talent in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff members
- Manage member and customer complaints and resolve issues derived from those comments
- Order department supplies, manage and communicate with vendors
- Create weekly schedules for staff and communicates changes as appropriate to all
- Communicate to staff regarding special events and makes sure department is always properly staffed
- Develop and sustain positive relationships with athletes, families and guests of The St. James
- Responsible for employee relation issues and reviews incidents with the Team & Talent Manager
- Communicates and teams well with other departments events (camps, parties, banquets, etc.) ensuring appropriate staff levels for all events and ensuring assigned responsibilities are carried out
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, food service management, or other related degree
- 10+ years in Food Management or relevant fields
- Proven track record of managing food & beverage
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Background check and drug screen required
For more information, please visit our website: www.thestjames.co
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
The St. James
FoodView all jobs at The St. James