GENERAL MANAGER - AAM SFM, LLC at Alabama A&M University
Sports Facilities Management, LLC
LOCATION: Huntsville, AL
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
STATUS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University (AAMU) is a historic, student-friendly, and community-focused institution of higher learning. Reflecting on its heritage as a historical black college and university (HBCU) and a traditional 1890 land-grant institution, AAMU functions as a teaching, research, and public service institution, including extension. Founded in 1875 by a former slave, Dr. William Hooper Councill, AAMU is a dynamic and progressive institution with a strong commitment to academic excellence. SFC will be managing operations within the campus at the Alabama A&M event center, Louis Crew Stadium, Clyde Foster auditorium, ARC auditorium, and the Elmore gymnasium.
AAM SFM, LLC at Alabama A&M University is a member of The Sports Facilities Companies (SFC) and is the nation's leading resource for managing and developing sports, recreation, wellness, and events facilities. We provide a highly collaborative and supportive culture that raises our team members to new levels of career growth. Together, we will carve a path in a hyper-growing industry where you will enjoy the journey and learn from the industry's best while having some fun.
SFC was awarded national recognition as a Top Workplace and is considered a workplace of choice. Our mission-focused company is highly entrepreneurial, team-oriented with a culture centered on collaboration, accountability, excellence, and service. We are growing rapidly and looking for high performers at every level to grow with us.
The General Manager is responsible for the financial and operating performance. The objectives for this position include:
- Creating a positive relationship with client and stakeholders
- Creating a culture of accountability which supports organizational values.
- Meeting or exceeding annual growth objectives.
- Facilitating interdepartmental collaboration
- Team Member retention and staff development
- Development of employee and operating policies
- Implementation of major business initiatives
- Implementation of solutions and systems that support the seven areas above.
- Manage overall event operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Analyze operations to evaluate the performance of the company and its staff in order to meet objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
- Confer with ownership, Sports Facilities Management advisors & support team, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of budgetary control systems, record keeping systems, and other administrative control processes.
- Direct and coordinate an organization's financial and budget activities in order to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans and activities, the selection of directors and other high-level staff, and establishment and organization of major departments.
- Direct, plan and implement policies, objectives, and activities of organizations or businesses in order to ensure continuing operations, maximize returns on investments, and increase productivity.
- Implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Prepare and present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes and rulings, and other items affecting businesses or program services.
- Represent the organization and promote its objectives at official functions, or delegate representatives to do so.
- Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and outside organizations.
- Administer programs for selection of any site location, potential construction needs, and provision of equipment and supplies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal and state agencies, and other organizational entities.
- Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
- Review reports submitted by staff members in order to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
- Schedule and monitor continued training seminars for staff on various operational, safety, and legal responsibilities.
- Any additional duties assigned by the Account Executive
- Prior responsibility in daily facility management and budget oversight
- Proven experience in organizing, event production, and logistics of sports events; including but not limited to basketball, volleyball, cheerleading events, wrestling meets, and similar activities
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience
- Operational knowledge of risk management, team building, and leadership development
- Bachelor's degree in business management, sports management, related field, or equivalent experience
- Some travel involved.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Will be required to sit for extended periods of time operating a computer.
- Office and facility have intermittent noise.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds waist high.
- Ability to travel to national events and regional events.
The Sports Facilities CompaniesHuntsville, AL
RetailView All The Sports Facilities Companies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.