Full Charge Bookkeeper - Bill Noble Park
- Expired: September 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER - Bill Noble Park
Sports Facilities Management, LLC
LOCATION: Gardendale, AL
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
STATUS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Bill Noble Park is a premier sport, recreation and entertainment destination focused on improving the health and economic vitality of Gardendale, AL. You will be joining a championship level team focused on fun, fulfillment and service built to enrich the community as well as your career and personal growth.
Bill Noble Park is a member of The Sports Facilities Companies (SFC) and is the nation's leading resource for managing and developing sports, recreation, wellness, and events facilities. We provide a highly collaborative and supportive culture that raises our team members to new levels of career growth. Together, we will carve a path in a hyper-growing industry where you will enjoy the journey and learn from the industry's best while having some fun.
SFC was awarded national and regional recognition as a Top Workplace in 2022 and is considered a workplace of choice. Our mission-focused company is highly entrepreneurial, team-oriented with a culture centered on collaboration, accountability, excellence, and service. We are growing rapidly and looking for high performers at every level to grow with us.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for all bookkeeping functions related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and General Accounting including maintenance of the accounting systems, adherence to established policies and procedures, review of documentation for appropriate authorization, timely notification of any problems or concerns and superior customer service.
Job duties also include personnel administrative functions that include new hire/term/LOA/benefits administration, maintenance of personnel files, payroll processor, and support for team members. This position requires the ability to move quickly from one task to another, perform quality work in a fast-moving, deadline-sensitive environment, and still present a calm, professional demeanor to both internal and external customers and vendors.
This is an important role in our organization that will require tact, diplomacy, and a professional approach to the job. Confidentiality is critical.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Bookkeeping Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll through the HRIS platform
- Perform monthly bookkeeping procedures such as bank and credit card reconciliations and billing customers
- Weekly and monthly financial reporting to the facility General Manager
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Assist General Manager with budget preparation
- Pay bills and maintain ledgers
- Receive, approve, and/or decline client invoices
- Maintain General Ledger including journal entries & adjustments
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Balancing cash drawer and making bank deposits
- Complete any other special projects and daily assignments as directed by the General Manager
Personnel Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist General Manager or Operations Manager in planning and conducting new team member orientation and onboarding
- Maintain and secure personnel files
- Ensure HRIS is up to date by entering new hires, terminating team members timely
- Managing clerical pieces related to LOA requests, worker's compensation, and applicant tracking
- Facilitate annual open enrollments and assist benefit eligible new hires with the enrollment process
- Respond to inquiries from Team Members regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Work closely with SFM Human Resources Representative to make sure all personnel, state, and federal guidelines are met
Office Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office
- Responsible for managing office staff to
- Keep a clean/professional working environment
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies
- Interact with/and coordinate personnel in the office
- Manage inbound/outbound mail, etc.
- Schedule business travel for personnel and clients, if necessary
- Prepare for all administrative meetings, i.e. office, owner, executive meetings, etc.
- Prepare memos, letters, reports, expense reports, faxing, PowerPoint presentations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate Degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Minimum of 4 years responsible with accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the Food Services, Hospitality, or Retail industry a plus
- Strong professional communication skills including both verbal and written
- Well organized and thorough, with the ability to multi-task
- Team approach to task completion
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information
- Appropriate business acumen while representing the company at all times
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds waist high
- Will be required to operate a computer
- Facility has intermittent noise
The Sports Facilities Companies
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Charge Bookkeeper jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.