Front-of-House Retail Sales Lead / Sales Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Full Time Front-of-House Retail Sales Lead / Sales Manager
Seeking passionate, Full-Time Sales Training Lead or Sales Manager who is proactive, ambitious, performance driven, and can foster a winning culture across the team that inspires others to consistently create and deliver an AMAZING customer experience during each and every interaction. As a valuable member of the store team, you will be responsible driving the overall client experience and staff achievement of sales targets weekly, while physical presence in the store during peak times including Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday shifts. To institutionalize sales performance expectations and a spirit of continuous improvement across the team, the Sales Training Lead drives superior operations & customer service performance.
Specifically, the Sales Manager is responsible for providing leadership:
- Driving the overall client experience - from the standpoint of the visual experience, personal shopping/support experience, and access to products;
- Driving staff awareness and achievement of customer service and sales expectations, including daily/monthly sales (with particular focus during peak times Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday shifts.
- Institutionalizing sales performance expectations and a spirit of continuous improvement across the team
- Promoting customer service by ensuring associates are proactively and consistently greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer (phone & email) inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Directing & supporting tactical floor management (merchandising, restock, etc) coordinating with store management and inventory control to communicate floor, outside marketing and inside merchandising product requirements.
- Using (and training team on) customer approach skills, selling techniques, and promotional references and product knowledge to enhance sales and build the ticket while ensuring a posture/attitude that enables the highest (white glove) customer service experience.
- Monitoring and motivating associate sales activities and productivity, coaching associates “in the moment” on client interactions & performance to capture client opportunities and to train associates to achieve full potential.
- Working with the Store Manager to plan, execute and/or coordinate store resources towards outside business development & marketing (events, partnerships, programs) and inside marketing/merchandising shifts which seamlessly integrate national franchise efforts a long with store local efforts.
- Supporting and facilitating visual merchandizing directives including store re-sets and merchandise replenishment and providing input to store promotion ideas to boost sales.
- Providing feedback to Store Manager/Owner for associate performance appraisals, recognition, evaluations and disciplinary actions.
In addition to these Sales Lead responsibilities, you will be executing sales associate operational activities including opening, closing, POS sales ringing/returns, sales floor restocking and customized gifting.
Cultivating our signature Wow! Customer Service is to be done by:
Ensuring associates are proactively and consistently greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer (phone & email) inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
Using (training & re-training team on) customer approach skills, selling techniques, and promotional references and product knowledge to enhance sales and build the ticket while ensuring a posture/attitude that enables the highest (white glove) customer service experience.
Holding team accountable for developing product knowledge. Apprising entire sales team routinely on new STIR information/announcements, products and promotions.
Monitoring and motivating associate sales activities and productivity, coaching associates “in the moment” on client interactions & performance to capture client opportunities and to on-boarding/train/re-train associates to achieve full potential.
Supporting and facilitating visual merchandising directives including store re-sets and merchandise replenishment and providing input to store promotion ideas to boost sales.
Assisting store management in establishing, providing oversight and developing team members overall (sales and operations) training goals/plans, performance, key performance indicators, & disciplinary feedback.
Providing feedback to Store Manager/Owner for associate overall performance (sales & operations) appraisals, recognition, evaluations and disciplinary actions
And, if/as directed by Store Management/Owner: Supporting staff scheduling, social media activities, sales period close/reporting activities
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Referenceable Customer Service / Sales Leadership - What is your track record? Is it proven, measurable, and referenceable? Have you established a culture of enthusiastic customer service with a positive I-can-learn-it attitude?
- Personable with Strong communication skills - Can you work well in a close-knit, collaborative environment to establish and cultivate a best-in-class customer service sales team? Can you adapt your communication style to assess and deliver feedback to team members so they are most receptive to adopting your suggestions?
- Quality is our trademark – Do you take pride in your work and in helping customers? Do you get it right the first time? Do you consistently go above and beyond? Can you inspire similar performance across a team?
About us: The Spice & Tea Exchange is a specialty retail shop & culinary wonderland in the heart of historic Annapolis, MD selling teas, spices, herbs, salts, hand-crafted blends and related accessories, & providing information on health and wellness. We are energetic multitaskers who are committed to creating an AMAZING customer experience by listening to customer needs to ensure they don’t leave empty handed AND work together to maintain product production and store appearance. It is a fast-paced environment where team members must manage multiple priorities. You learn new skills and new things routinely!
As a valued member of our team, you can expect several things from us:
• A dynamic and fun work place where you will build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers!
• Opportunities to develop, learn, try, test and share your experience with others as you experiment with our amazing products!
• An array of opportunities in sales, merchandising, marketing, inventory control, and store operations to grow in both your personal and professional life!
• Leadership and team building training and experience!
• Employee discounts, rewards and incentives, including free spices monthly!
The Spice & Tea Exchange
RetailView all jobs at The Spice & Tea Exchange