Assistant Manager / Assistant Manager-In-Training
- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking full-time Assistant Store Manager (ASM) or Assistant-Store-Manager-In-Training (ASMIT)
What is the difference? ASM has proven and referenceable retail store or department management experience. ASMIT has retail experience as a supervisor/team-lead/first level manager but may not have held a title of "Assistant Manager" (examples: Sales Lead, Floor Manager,etc). You will be working under a the Annapolis Store Manager and Spice & Tea Mid-Atlantic Regional Manager who splits time between this location Alexandria,VA and Annapolis, MD, as well as the store Owner.
We seek to bring staff onboard ASAP!
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- 3-7 Years progressive retail management experience with a proven, measurable, and reference-able track record. The ideal candidate has experience that includes working for a boutique style brand and a franchise or other small/emerging brand. Experiences where a high level of customer engagement is required to deliver optimal results.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills are required to appropriately engage with our corporate franchise partners and store team.
- Comfort in engaging in frequent contact and communication with a wide variety of people
- Must be able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, understand/follow priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with a variety of computer systems and POS software, Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and the internet is required.
- A personal interest or inclination in the culinary arts, cooking, teas, etc. is preferred.
Expected Job Duties & Responsibilities: Management responsibilities for this position will include supporting and collaborating with the Store & Regional Managers in:
- Managing operational and merchandising processes while maintaining the store in conditions of excellence to attract and retain customers, create a positive environment for staff, and enable efficient operations and high productivity
- Training & managing staff, their performance and development and recruiting new candidates. This also includes leading by example and coaching team in company sales efforts, techniques, and other approaches to attract and retain customers
- Developing and obtaining approval on team work schedule; you will be responsible for running weekly consolidated timesheets from our POS for payroll
- Maintaining and/or overseeing information / item set up / pricing & discounting in the Point of Sale System and all associated item tagging. This includes supporting the set-up, assembly, and pricing of products and inventory orders and other tasks associated with efficient inventory management and blend/product production management.
- Receiving, supporting the receipt, and/or overseeing the receipt of products into physical inventory and POS and associated follow up required for backorder and credit memo related communication with Owner and Corporate Franchise Warehouse team.
- Driving sales, whether in-store or in community at large and coordinating with local businesses that buy and use our products.
- Planning, communicating, executing and/or supporting the planning, communication, and execution of seasonal in-store sales promotions and events. This includes developing, contributing to or otherwise proactively supporting the provision of information for publication in local print, electronic, and social marketing media (e.g. Facebook).
- Utilizing, maintaining, and improving utilization of computer, software applications (including POS, all Microsoft Products, and Dropbox shareware technology) across the team.
- Supporting the sharing of best practices between current and future stores.
- Other duties as they emerge assigned by the Store Manager, Regional Manager and store owner.
About the Shop: The Spice & Tea Exchange is a specialty retail shop selling a wonderland of spices, herbs, teas, blends, rubs and related products. We look for team members who are committed to creating an AMAZING customer experience while creating and delivering the highest quality spices, blends and teas. We seek great listeners and communicators with an interest or passion for foot to graciously assist our customers in narrowing a seemingly overwhelming array of choices into a manageable set of options specific to customer interests and tastes to ensure they don’t leave empty handed!
As a member of our team, you can expect several things from us:
- A dynamic and fun work place!
- Opportunities to learn, try, test and share your experience with colleagues and customers as you experiment with our amazing products!
- An array of opportunities in sales, merchandising, marketing, inventory control, and store operations to grow in both your personal and professional life
- Leadership and team building training and experience
- Employee discounts, rewards and incentives, including free spices monthly!
The Spice & Tea Exchange
RetailView all jobs at The Spice & Tea Exchange